“Surprisingly Large Menu”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This restaurant has been there for many years and it is quite a few since we had visited. It is a short walk from the main town centre. The decor is comfortable and traditional and in decent condition. They have Kingfisher on draft so we knew it could not be all bad. The pappadums were tasty and the menu extensive. We had four different types of main ranging from Chom Chom chicken (I got the tikka style) to Lamb bhuna, and beyond. All four of us agreed that it was one of the best Indian meals we had had for a while.
Very reasonable prices with the most expensive dishes being less than 10 pounds.

2  Thank Stephen C

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just happened across this restaurant when looking for somewhere to eat and was not
dissappointed.
The pappadoms were crisp and the chutnies tasty and varied.
My main was from the specials ; what came was a generous portion of spicy food(as promised on the menu) well cooked and with a distinctive taste. The vegetable curry was also nicely flavoured and clearly freshly cooked unlike the soggy re-heated pap which many Indian restaurants consider acceptable. The rice was likewise well presented and fluffy.

The only minor quibble ; one of the waiters had a rather brusque manner which I imagine could be mis-interpreted but otherwise the service was fine.

1  Thank andrew c
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Me and my partner have eaten many times over the last couple of years and have always stuck to it through loyalty. Unfortunately, on our last visit, I found some bone in my lamb. When I brought this to the attention of the waiter, he didn't seem to care. Therefore, we tried Cardomom Bay (just down the road) and will be going there from now on.

The Magna Tandoori is a restaurant which has a traditional Indian theme and music to boot. You get complimentary Bombay mix on the table on arrival. The food is always plentiful, but can be a little bland and the service can be slow and frustratingly, delivered without a smile. I've always got the impression that the staff give the impression that they have to be there, not that they want to wait on you and make your visit as enjoyable as possible.

As a big lamb eater, when it comes to Indian food, it is often a little too fatty for my liking and having found a bone in my lamb on our last visit, it completely put me off.

As previously mentioned, there is much better value for money and quality out there! Give Cardomom Bay a go!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Magna is perfect for any occasion. Offering in house dining or take away service. Polite and attentive staff, excellent food choice and quality. Superb value. Cannot fault this place. Thoroughly recommended!

1  Thank Bluebyrd26
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Last time I was here was 30 + years ago, it still provides the towns best curry, with comfortable surroundings and ex service. There are many repeat customers , I could tell by the way staff greeted them. Highly recommended will be back shortly with another group of friends.

1  Thank Racie