“Birthday treat!”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Ranked #24 of 169 Restaurants in Bognor Regis
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are an old fashioned pub with two bars. We provide freshly home cooked food throughout the day until 6.30pm, except Sundays when we do Roasts between 12 & 2.30pm. We have a bingo night on the first Wednesday of the month, quiz every Thursday night & live music some Saturdays. We also have the full BT Sport package.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We went to Littlehampton and the choice of eating places was poor. So we went to Bognor ,this was a better choice. Some of my party did not want to eat fish and chips. My daughter found the royal oak on line and thought we would give it go. The pub is full of friendly locals and Alfie comes to greet you. It is home cooked food. I had the Stilton and beef pie which was good ,with new potatoes and seasonal veg. Everyone in the party enjoyed the food and spent several pleasant hours there. Pity I had to drive home!

1  Thank barbarastaines

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Alfie, the dog, typifies this place. He gives you such a welcome and he is calm and relaxed. Clearly well patronised by the locals, this is a great pub - the food is fantastic. It is not "fine dining" but you get what you order and superbly well cooked.
The liver, bacon and onions (with mash and a variety of veg) was a trip down memory lane. It is so difficult to get decent liver when eating out these days, but this was on the button. Also mega portion size - fantastic value for money.
We will be back.
The locals are interesting and entertaining, and the staff are very accommodating.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Came across this place by chance when fed up of paying Butlins prices. We had a lovely meal with very generous portions and were made to feel very welcome. Liked it so much we went back a couple of days later and the experience was much the same. Wish it was closer to home for us.

1  Thank leonard8
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We are here with our 3 children last friday. Delicious home cooked food, friendly service. Even a toddler friendly dog.
will certainly dine here again when in the area

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived before 12 pm just after the gym for a nice Sunday roast. Even though I have been living in the area for over 8 years I have never ventured into this venue until today....
The lamb Sunday dinner ! Reminded me of my mums seasonal veg and lush roasties ! Then we had a lime cheesecake ! Wow ! This was lighter than clouds a whipped cheese filling with the right amount of lime rustic looking and very defo homemade possibility last night as it was chilled perfectly. The bar is very oldie worldy and I may add that this wouldn't of been my first choice if I was choosing HOWEVER we will defo be back ! 21.50 for two Sunday dinners , two deserts and 2 drinks ! I will be back to sample the beef one. If I had to make a small issue was the gravy ! I gate gravy and I didn't think to ask if it came on the plate or in a gray boat. But that's my preference and I will ask next time for sure to hold the gravy. The people who own/run the this pub are so nice ! Such a refreshing change away from all the main stream pub chains !
Keep it up guys.