Lowest prices for your stay
Breakfast included
Priceline
Agoda.com
Breakfast included
No prepayment needed
No fees just great deals
All reviews function room for sunday lunch lovely lunch lovely hotel the pub stayed for one night a lovely stay full english breakfast edna carvery ales wedding venue chichester disco
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2023

First stay won't be the last ! Staff members very helpful and pleasant.Typical old fashioned pub lovely to still see one.Accomadtion very comfortable bed superb. breakfast staff friendly and efficient! As for the full English the best we have had in a long while 😋 Keep up the good work.See you again !!

Date of stay: November 2023
1  Thank janny264
Philip Southgate, General Manager at The Inglenook Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2023

Thank you for such kind words. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff work hard to offer our guests the best hotel experience possible, and comments like this make it all worthwhile.

Reviewed 7 November 2023

Nestled beneath the prettiest backdrop of purples and pinks, is a humble and unassuming building. This building will forever be etched in my heart as the setting of the most joyous and tragic period of my life. This building as you know, is the beautiful and picturesque hotel & restaurant of Pagham, The Inglenook.

On the 4th of August 2023, I found out that my father was terminally ill. Due to be married the following year, Dad asked me if I could bring my wedding forward so he could still give me away while he was able. My fiancé and I decided we would have a ceremony in Bognor Regis where Dad lived, as he wouldn’t be able to make the journey to our hometown in Leicester, 189 miles away.

An internet search brought me to The Inglenook, a few minutes' drive from Dad's home, and by the 11th of August, we had booked our ceremony for the 16th September 2023. During this time, I met a very special man, a man that I will be forever indebted too. This man is The Inglenooks heart, Philip Southgate.

We visited Dad the first weekend of September for my daughter’s birthday, and met Phil, and The Inglenook, for the first time on 2nd September. We were so pleasantly surprised by how pretty and unique the hotel was, and the interesting nook and cranny's of the beautiful gardens. Not massive in size, but expansive in its visual. I was already envisioning the wedding photos.

Phil showed us where we could be married in the gardens, where we could have a meal and a little shindig. He was patient with our questions, he was gentle with my emotions and was tender when I cried. If ever you wanted to know the face of true human kindness, it is Phil. Unfortunately, Dad had deteriorated so quickly, he had already lost the use of his legs, and giving me away was most likely not going to happen. We could have given up there, not pursued the ceremony, but it was Dads wish to see me married, and we would find a way.

The next two weeks were crippling. Dads health kept declining, and I had accepted that he would not be at my wedding in person. The plans kept changing, and Phil just kept in step with me. It was supposed to be the happiest day of my life, and I was just in constant pain. No matter what news I came to Phil with, he reassured me that he would give me the most spectacular day, and he held up his end and then some.

On the day of my wedding, Dad was in a coma. I spent all morning with him, holding his hand, telling him I loved him, and feeling his heart beating in his chest. We had decided to live stream the ceremony, and my brother would stay by his side to play the wedding for him. I know in my heart that he heard it all.

I arrived at The Inglenook, and was escorted to the honeymoon suite by Phil and his team with all my belongings and my gorgeous dress. Everyone was so full of positive spirits, it was infectious and warm, and while I was going through some heavy emotions, Phil made sure that this day would be a positive memory in a tragic and dark time in my life. Nothing was too much, everything was available, and Phil had taken care of everything so that I only had to take care of myself.

The room was so quaint. I loved the vintage and timely décor, and the huge whirlpool bath was an exciting addition! I was brought snacks and ice-cold bottles of water while I waited for my girls to join me. Finally, the excitement of the day was slowly seeping into me, though Dad was always at the centre of my thoughts. Behind the scenes, Phil had arranged all my ceremony music, set up the chairs and bows and though my guest numbers were small, he filled the function room with meticulous care, thought and love.

His staff were just as wonderful, an extension of this man's kindness and generosity, everyone was readily available for anything we needed, and to say they all went above and beyond is simply not enough credit. From the lovely Rachel, whom I spoke with a lot during the booking process, to all the bar and catering staff who served us the most delicious cuisines and kept the tequila shots flowing.

My new husband and I went to Dad’s side after the ceremony. I told him that I did it, I got married and that I would be ok. My husband took my father's hand and promised to look after me, now and always. I kissed his cheek, gave him my love, and went back to The Inglenook to see my night through as Dad would have wanted.

On the 16th September 2023, I married my best friend, an absolute salt-of-the-earth incredible man. I love you so much, Shaun.

On the 17th September 2023, I lost my Daddy. The first man I ever loved, and who ever loved me.

There are no words I could form to describe how a person can go to sleep, having been completely fulfilled and filled with love, and wake up to a black hole of despair and emptiness.

Though my wedding day was over, the care and support from The Inglenook was not. The chef kindly made us a late breakfast, to which Phil himself brought to our room so we didn’t have to sit in the dining area, crying into my eggs and bacon. Phil kindly let us stay past check-out time, so I had some time to process before packing up what was the most spectacular day prior. He was just honestly, a true gent.

To Phil, I will never be able to express my deepest and warmest thanks for all that you did. Your hotel is beautiful, the food is exquisite, your staff are among the best, and you gave us a day that will be deeply loved and appreciated for all of time. But all of that pales in place of importance and of what mattered most to Shaun & I. You made the most tragic period of my life have a little sparkle of joy that would have made my Dad so proud. He would have loved your humour, and he would have had the deepest respect for the man that you are, as do I.

It is clear that weddings are a walk in the park for you and the team, you did such a fantastic job, as I know you do for all couples that walk through your door. But what people really need to know, is that you are the special ingredient. You are so present, and so wonderful, a truly delightful slice of Pagham.

With Love & Thanks, Holly & Shaun

Date of stay: September 2023
1  Thank Holly H
Philip Southgate, General Manager at The Inglenook Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2024

What a beautiful, moving review, thank you Holly and Shaun - you were the perfect couple to work with on the planning of your special, yet very emotional day. We are all so glad it was as perfect as you wished it to be.
We wish you all the best for the future and look forward to perhaps welcoming you back to The Inglenook one day.

Reviewed 31 October 2023 via mobile

Haven’t visited this restaurant in a long time so was curious to see how the new hosts were delivering the Sunday menu.
The carvery menu is set price for two or three courses
Menu is limited for starter but covers meat fish and veggie
We had leek and potato soup which was excellent. Carvery is very good with every meat selection. Large Yorkies and rich gravy. Service was very good and a lot of team was working but all kept busy and knew what they were doing.
Lovely visit and will go back

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Philip Southgate, General Manager at The Inglenook Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2024

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your wnderful review.

Reviewed 26 October 2023

When we came to the inglenook we were greeted by a friendly lady on reception - she was very helpful and lovely to chat to; she gave us directions to our room and off we went!

The room decor was beautiful, I felt like I’d been transported to a quaint royal cottage haha! Bliddy brilliant :)

The girl who served us on the bar went out of her way to make us cocktails ((couldn’t resist ourselves)). Very polite n friendly and lovely pints n cocktails!

We then had dinner in the restaurant in the evening, food was to die for and the service again was brilliant 10/10. Special thanks to Sophie for your brilliant service and friendly convocation!

Thank you to all the staff that made our stay a pleasant one! X

1  Thank Safari48166783505

We thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2023 via mobile

My son & daughter booked a surprise overnight stay as part of my 70th bday celebrations.
They chose The Inglenook as we have historically enjoyed numerous stays there over many years when it was run by the family who previously ran it, and my late brother also worked there. It was intended as a trip down memory lane.

Sadly room 9, where my husband & I stayed was, to say the least, in significant need of a decent clean & attention to a number of issues.

The first thing was the window was wide open when we entered the room, presumably left like that to freshen the air which smelt very musty. It was impossible for us to close it despite every effort resulting in the window lever snapping in half; someone came & managed to bash & crash it closed after contacting reception. The window frame was in a very poor state of repair.

Other faults in the room then became very obvious, some of which I’ve shown in the photos.

The twin beds were perfectly clean & very comfortable- but the overall standard of everything else relating to the decor & the bathroom is very very outdated & needing attention. I’m pretty sure that room is the same as it was over 25 years ago- including the carpet that’s in dire need of a good clean if not replacing !

The seating area in the bar is absolutely dreadful - again as shown in one of my photos.

To be honest the whole place felt in need of a thorough deep clean in most areas.

The staff were absolutely lovely - especially the chef, a lovely jovial Scot who went out of his way to accommodate us. He’s a gem that’s for sure.

I left very saddened to see what was once such an iconic lovely country hotel having lost all of the charm it was once renowned for.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel; we welcome all feedback.

It would not have been room 9 you stayed as that is our 4 poster room; by the phoptos it looks as if it was room 10 and you are correct in saying the room does need some attention which can hopefully happen over the quieter winter period.

We are sorry you did not enjoy your time with us but it was good to hear there were a couple of positives during your experience.