“my stay at the premier inn was amazing”

Premier Inn Bognor Regis Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“my stay at the premier inn was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at the premier inn in bogor rigis, firstly the hotel it self was amazing, the service I receive at the hotel was unbelievable, it was five star service, the lady at reseption was really nice and very welcoming to me, always went the extra mile for me, it was so lovely that the hotel let us put my bags behind the resecption while we went out for are last day so we did thave to carry them around with us.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley D
Stacey T, Manager at Premier Inn Bognor Regis Hotel, responded to this review, 27 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, and thank you for your lovely comments. I am so pleased to hear you found our service to be 5 star, I will be sure to share your comments with my team.
Myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back to the Premier Inn Bognor Regis in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Essex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Lovely hotel and spacious rooms. If there is a function going on at pub next door room is very noisy even with windows closed and TV on. y family had a baby with them and he couldn't sleep either due to noise.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank an0n59
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us, we appreciate your time in doing this. I am sorry that you found your stay noisy due to the function that was going on during your stay. If you do stay with us again please do not hesitate to contact us directly to request a room away from the function room, and we would be more than happy to fulfil that request.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again in the near future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here 16th august, hotel room and staff were above average , newly refurbished rooms are nice.
We ate in the Robin Hood at night , the food and service was fine .
I was a bit worried at breakfast having read recent reviews but they must have learned from them as the food and service were again fine.
I will be staying here again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank davesc_11
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, I am also pleased to hear that after reading recent reviews you did not have issues during your stay with regards to the breakfast.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again soon.
Oxfordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Premier Inn wanting a clean, comfortable, decent sized room which we got. What we hadn't bargained for was a receptionist who 'upsold' us a non-existent upgrade from an inclusive breakfast to a meal-deal and a waitress at breakfast who was very, very unpleasant when I tried to explain that I had pre-paid but that the receptionist the previous night had got it all wrong.

The breakfast itself was (as described in other reviews) sub-average - cooked bit fine but rationed, while the continental elements (bread, pastries, fruit and so on) was just dreadful. At 8.30 am there were 3 cubes of melon left (no other fruit at all) and it was made clear that we were too late to expect any more. It was such a dreadful experience that despite being offered a free breakfast the next day by way of apology for the reception shambles, we decided to eat elsewhere.

The room itself was very good indeed, and all the staff apart from the dreadful breakfast waitress (who made sure she let us know several times that we were clearly trying to commit some sort of fraud because we weren't on her list) were lovely (even the very muddled receptionist who caused the problem in the first place was nice as she messed it all up) but if I visit this area again I will look for somewhere else to stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank welshrainbow
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and thank you for your comments. I am sorry you were left muddled after being offered something that we don't actually offer here, I have looked in to this.
I am also sorry for the breakfast experience I have passed all your comments on to the restaurant management team.
I do hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn again in the near future.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

A well appointed new offering, family room was huge and easily fitted the four beds in with lots more room. Good pub attached although the family room allocated overlooked the pub car park so some noise until we closed the windows - warm night!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank k_beeBucks
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and thank you for your lovely comments, I will be sure to share these with my team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again soon.
chepstow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Newly refurbished Premier inn and really comfortable.Staff very pleasant and helpful.Then there was the breakfast at The Robin Hood pub.APPALLING!Not at all like anything we have experienced in other premier Inns.Poorly presented ,bread barely thawed out and still in plastic as were the croissants.Very poor fruit selection that looked as though it had been slung in the dish from a great height.Coffee from a flask!Staff even telling us where to sit.Female on the first morning very sour faced and was obviously put out by our request to sit elsewhere.Male on second morning nicer but breakfast was no better.
Brick up the door between the buildings, association with this place will not help business.Lovely young lady on reception refunded my money for the breakfasts with profuse apologies.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank janice d
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear my team member dealt with your breakfast refund and thank you for your lovely comments regarding the hotel.
All your comments regarding your breakfast experience have been passed on the restaurant management team.
I hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn again in the near future.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a few times now, when visiting family in the area. We don't look anywhere else anymore in Bognor, as we know how good it is and what to expect etc. Initially when we arrived things were just as good as in the past. The lovely Norman checked us in - very friendly and helpful - nothing is ever too much trouble for him. When we arrived it was very hot and he walked us to our family room and asked us if we'd prefer a sheet on each of the beds instead of the duvets, which we really appreciated and took him up on his offer, which he duly delivered to the room straight away. Unfortunately the housekeeping staff removed these the following morning and we didn't realise until we were all undressed and ready for bed on the 2nd night and didn't fancy getting dressed just to walk to reception to ask for some more and phones are no longer in the refurbished rooms to call reception. Whilst on the subject of the refurbished rooms - we were very impressed, especially with the bathrooms, but the hanging space for clothes has halved - which was a bit disappointing - especially for a family of four. We had a great nights sleep - despite there being a massive thunderstorm overnight, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in - another reason why we always pick Premier Inn's.So all was going well until breakfast on our first morning....

Breakfast is at the Robin Hood which is attached to the hotel. We went down at 9am (Breakfast is from 8-10 at the weekend). There were only two other families in there for the duration of our breakfast, but it was diabolical. They had run out of plates for bread etc. Run out of glasses for fruit juice. There was no bread left - white or brown, no jams, no yogurts, all the fruit juices had run out except cranberry. No croissants - we were told they only had frozen ones left! Myself an another family had to ask for this to be replenished on a couple of occasions before it actually was. The cooked breakfast came out with items missing and so these items had to then be bought out separately. The dirty cereal bowls and toast plates (once they had been replenished) were not cleared away and when the waitress tried to put down the cooked breakfast plates she struggled to find room (we were sat on a small round table for 4). She said, she was struggling to find room as there was so much stuff on the table. So I politely suggested that she might like to clear it away, so that there would be room - which she then did - after having to put the cooked breakfast plates temporarily on another table. None of the tables around us were cleared of dirty crockery at all for the 45 min duration that we were there for. As I said there were only 3 families in there (including us) - so they couldn't even use the excuse that they were busy and there were 2 waitresses on duty. The Mum of another family said that the last time they stayed here, the breakfast service was just as bad and that she wouldn't return again.

So that was our breakfast experience....We went back to the Robin Hood at 10pm on the Saturday evening for a drink before bed, once we got back from a day out visiting family. I have to say that our experience in there of an evening was no better....

We stood at the bar for about 5 mins being ignored while a group of people were chatting to the bar person. I think this group were all staff (possibly restaurant staff,who had finished work as they were wearing black and white and I overheard them talking about their shifts). Eventually when we were served, it was with a grunt and no smile or pleasantries and the barman couldn't wait to get back to talking to this group of youngsters. We tried to find somewhere to sit, but it was quite busy, another hot evening and we had our 2 children in tow. So we asked another member of staff - an older gentleman if we could possible sit in the beer garden out back, with our drinks. But he was just as rude and abrupt and said "No, cos it's all closed up for the night" (bearing in mind this was now only 10.10pm, I found this a little strange)! We then said OK we'll sit out the front then (there is an outdoor seating area out the front of the restaurant to the driveway entrance of the hotel). All the lights were off outside, apart from an orange floodlight over the entrance to the hotel. So we asked the same restaurant member of staff of we could have the lights put on out there for the patio area and he replied with a very firm "No, you'll have to make do with what is out there" and started to walk away. So I asked why not and he said that they didn't work and that they were waiting for an electrician and he promptly turned and walked away again! Outside lots of dirty glasses had been left on tables and not cleared away. So we only had that 1 drink and then decided to go back to our hotel room. We probably would've stayed and had a few more had the staff been more friendly and accommodating....

So overall not a great experience. I cannot fault the Premier Inn at all. Lovely, friendly and helpful staff. Family rooms nice and big,very clean and airy. Extremely comfortable. Great make over to the rooms. But the Robin Hood pub/restaurant is why I have had to mark my overall rating down. Staff rude and unhelpful there (whether it's morning or evening staff), service shambolic and we were made to feel very unwelcome and that we were an inconvenience to them even just being there! Coming from a customer service environment, I feel that some serious customer service training is needed for all restaurant staff (maybe the Premier Inn staff on reception could teach them this!!) and even the basics about looking around at the dirty mess left in the restaurant and how to keep on top of things (rather than wait for customers to point this out to them) would make it a much nicer place to be.

It's a shame that such a great hotel has to be associated with the Robin Hood, which then unfairly affects the hotels rating on here. But I've had to include reviews of the pub on here and that is where the Premier Inn's breakfast is provided for it's customers....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I really appreciate the time it would have taken you, I am really pleased to read such lovely comments regarding the hotel, I will ensure Norman and the rest of my team see your lovely comments. I am sorry to hear you felt let down by the Robin Hood. All your comments will be passed on to the management team of the Robin Hood.
I hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
Premier Inn Chichester Hotel
Chichester Park Hotel
Chichester Park Hotel
#8 of 9 in Chichester

Been to Premier Inn Bognor Regis Hotel? Share your experiences!