“kids loved it”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bognor Regis
Butlins Shoreline Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

stayed here 8th july 4 nights. check in was manic with queues out the door but got there eventually. had arrived at 2pm but had to come back at 3pm along with everyone else. scorching weather and was so thankful for air conditioning in room. nice rooms. didnt see much value with servicing the rooms other than bed being made and maybe 1 new towel. nice partial sea view. kids loved butlins in general. loved the play park next to hotel. all in all butlins was lots of fun. red coats were great. so much to do with shows in pavillion and general amusements. Downsides was prob the food overall and the staff in the restaurants. Breakfast at shoreline was poorly run and staff were all over the place. Kids loved putting billy the bear to bed at 8,30pm. A highlight for them. 2 and 5 year old.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 13 July 2013

After a brilliant break at Christmas I rebooked to come back in July and decided to push the boat out a little and book a Nelson's Stateroom .
I was very lucky to have booked a break that coincided with the heatwave , and it was scorching hot every day !
When we checked in at the Shoreline one of the lifts had broken . Within a couple of minutes there was a rescue team of security men and butlers on hand , and a nice chap carried all our luggage up to the 3rd floor .
I actually couldn't believe our luck when we opened the door to our room . The views were stunning . Huge terrace with loungers and table and chairs . Spacious rooms , and even the kid's room had fabulous seaviews . Excellent safety features for little ones , fridge big enough for all the essentials plus bottle(s) of wine . Fluffy robes and slippers . It really was excellent . If you looked really, really hard ( as a few other reviewers seem to ) there was a splash of paint on the mirror , and a couple of cigarette burns in the carpet , but this really didn't even register as the room was so beautiful . It neither ruined our holiday nor made the room any less enjoyable .
As it was just my four year old son and me on holiday it was lovely to have somewhere so nice to chill in the evenings once he was asleep . We didn't catch any evening shows as he was asleep by 8pm every night . I used the hotel DVD rental service a couple of times which was free of charge . I sat on the balcony in the evenings and watched the sun sparkling on the sea with the boats bobbing about and the sea lapping on the beach . Wonderful !
My son enjoyed this holiday so much , I couldn't possibly comment on it all . But highlights for him ( from the horses mouth ) : Mexican hat and paratroopers at the funfair , his afternoon at the creche , the Angry Birds grabber machines , Soccer Tots with Richie , Football awards ceremony , the wave machine , the soft play area, the Shoreline playground and the character lunch . ( the food for the character lunch was a bit ropey to be honest , but so many characters appeared that it was much better than expected . The food didn't really matter )
I had a spa afternoon one day which was lovely . I dropped my son off at the creche and spent a lovely 3 hours just relaxing . The spa was funky and quirky and I met some nice other guests in the hot tub !
We had a hotel dine-around and we both liked dining at the Ocean Hotel the most as we managed to get a balcony table with views both times . We also ate at the Shoreline , Beachcomber and Turners . The latter was a nice experience and the service was excellent .
We really had a nice break and were really sad to leave yesterday .
The staff (and I mean EVERYONE) are amazing . Cleaners , receptionists , funfair staff , waiters , security , absolutely everyone seems to genuinely enjoy working there and make a real fuss of you and your kids . As for other reviewers commenting on non-British people working here , there seemed to be quite a few Eastern Europeans , their English was perfect and their customer service was excellent . Also a big thankyou to Tanya at the Shoreline who rang round the other hotels to get me champagne glass then personally brought it up to my room just so I didn't have to drink my Prosecco out of a wine glass ! Really nice touch .
We are booked up to come back at Christmas in deluxe accomodation , and if I could upgrade to a stateroom I would but they are all gone ! I will certainly be booking up for next year too . As long as my son enjoys it so much we will keep on coming back .
Many thanks to all staff who made sure we had a fabulous break

Room Tip: If you are morning people get a room on the east of the hotel , if you are night owls get a room on...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Just back from the shoreline hotel for the second time this year. This is a fantastic hotel for children under 5. The rooms consist of a double bed and a separate room for the children which consist of bunk beds a TV and a DVD player. The layout is great and very well designed as the children have there own space as does the adults although it is all confined in the one room. This hotel is the official home of Billy Bear which will go down a treat with all the children. Bedtime with Billy Bear happens every evening in the hotel at 8.30pm which is not advertised so much but it is a unique feature to the hotel. Overall it is a great hotel with young children.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We have just returned for a stay at the shoreline hotel and I was pleasently surprised. We have stayed in standard and Silver accomodation at the other sites but this was our first time at Bognor Regis. I read all about the hotel on Butlins site and knew what to expect. The room was just as it said except the rubber duck was missing and each day there was a towel elephant made up on the bed!!

What i wasnt expecting was the standard of the food. The starters were really good, the main courses were not quite what I expected, i knew there would be a roast and pasta as we have had the premier dining previously. My only gripe would be the fact that everything on servery was covered in something. Either butter, oil, cheese or a sauce, nothing at all was plain. I personally found this really difficult and it would have been nice to have been able to add your own sauce if you wanted it.

Breakfast was a bit more shambolic than evening meal as they were very slow to clear tables and there were never enough mugs out and i find it really hard to believe that they couldnt serve decaff tea or coffee with breakfast yet they have it in the bedrooms - strange!

Almost everything was geared towards the children and they really enjoyed it. My only worry with the bedroom was the lack of bathmats (baths are very slippy) and also the childrens beds are right next to the door and it is impossible to lock the bedroom door which meant i had to barrackade us into our room for fear of one of them escaping in the night!!

All in all a great hotel perfect for under 7's i'd say with a fantastic play area outside, plenty of opportunity to meet the characters in the hotel and lovely friendly staff. All in all a great stay!

Room Tip: we opted for a 4th floor room with a sea view!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This hotel is a great for young families especially for families with an under 5. The rooms consist of a main living area with arm chairs and adult sleeping, a spacious family bathroom and a separate kids den sleeping area with separate TV and DVD. The layout is great and gives both adults and kids their own space within the room. The hotel is perfect for the under 5's and has well thought out features like rubber corner protectors on the edge of the desk and a little foot stall in the bathroom for little one to use the sink. The cleaners are very good and provided a different animal towel sculpture on the bed every day. The Hotel is also the official home of Billy the Bear. His room is on the 1st floor and there is an opportunity every night to have a bed time story will Billy before he goes to sleep. The are also a lot of activities excursively for Shoreline Hotel guests that is really nice. Make sure you check reception everyday for timings as there activities are not advertised on the resort program. The restaurant provides a really nice buffet dinner and breakfast. There is a special lowered servery in the restaurant for smaller children. My 22 month old loved being able to go to this servery and select the food she wanted. The staff at the hotel are great and nothing is a problem for them. As the hotel is Billy the Bear's home he and his friends can often be found in the hotel reception for fun and games.

Room Tip: 2nd. 3rd and 4th for sea views. Most 1st floor rooms have a outdoor seating area.
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was our first visit to a Butlins resort, and I'm honestly undecided if I would go back as for every positive, there were equal niggles.

The hotel itself was okay. We stayed on the first floor, which our daughter loved, as Billy Bears bedroom was just down the corridor. (Very exciting when you're 3!) The room was well equipped and tidy, although the furnishings were tired and tatty, and some really could have done with being replaced. Also, we had a view of a vastly overgrown bush..... Slightly preferable to the car park view that the bush was hiding I suppose. Having said that, it was hard to see much as the windows really were filthy.

The corridors were noisy, one evening in particular someone had shut their screaming child in the corridor at 11pm. I would recommend packing your ear plugs - you will need them, if not for the corridor noise, but the noise from the in room fridge clicking into life throughout the night will drive you nuts!

Our toiletries weren't ever topped back up, however the room service was good, and our coffee/milk replenished daily.

We only ever ate on site for breakfast as we'd prepaid for it. We had a brief look at the restaurants on site, but they all seemed to be around £18pp for buffet style food, which we considered overpriced. The breakfast was reasonable, lots of choice, lots of quantity, but not the highest level of quality. The staff were overly busy, and the sound of crockery crashing to the floor was commonplace. The character breakfast was a big hit without daughter however, and well worth the cost.

The swimming pool was a huge disappointment for us as we had imagined it would be a large source of entertainment for us. During the toddler session in the morning, the water was uncomfortably cold, to the point where we could spend no more than half an hour in the pool before getting out. Also, during regular session times there were so many people in the water, that actual swimming wasn't an option, just people floating around in their tiny bit of personal space.

Huge positives were the tots soccer classes - Richie, the instructor was amazing with the kids, and our daughter was so proud collecting her certificate and medal at the end of the break.
Also, we saw the 'I Can Cook' show, which we were fortunate enough to catch the last show that Katy Ashworth did before going on Maternity leave. Our daughter is still excited to have met 'the real Katy from I Can Cook'! Although £7 a pop for a photograph is bit steep!

We got our monies worth from the free fairground rides alone, however you have to walk the gauntlet past all the hundreds of machines that are £1 minimum a go...

Every member of staff we encountered were polite and eager to help, and fantastic with our little one, she really didn't want to leave.

We went for a midweek break (mon-fri) during term time, and I naively expected the resort to be much quieter. It was far busier than we'd envisaged. We invested in B-line passes, which enabled us to avoid queuing for shows etc, well worth the money as standing in a huge line for shows etc with a young child is no fun. Apparently it wasn't a particularly busy week, in which case I honestly wouldn't want to be there in peak season.

On a side note, I would have liked to have seen designated smoking areas, as supposed to people lighting up wherever they wanted. With large numbers of children, and being 28wks pregnant myself, I found it unpleasant that people were smoking around the rides where the children were playing and parents were waiting.

I can't decide if we'd return. Our daughter enjoyed it, which as a parent is all you want, but as a parent I wanted more thought and care put into things.

1  Thank Hungrymummy79
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We had a fantastic time but this weekend is not for everyone. There is a lot of alcohol consumption taking place, with many hen parties and stag dos. Most people were in fancy dress on the saturday night so the atmosphere is lively. The live bands and dj's were great and despite the drinking we always felt completely safe. We saw absolutely no trouble nor even a hint of it. there are always staff on hand who were very friendly. The accommodation, restaurants, general resort feel were of a reasonable standard. we felt the weekend was great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to Butlins Shoreline Hotel? Share your experiences!