Butlin's Shoreline Hotel
Best Western Beachcroft Hotel(Felpham)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$121
US$109
US$345
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscolumbus quartersbilly bearhooks cabincharacter breakfastpartial sea viewpapa johnshotel restaurantbunk bedsdvd playertoilet seatmy sonyoung childrentotsred coatsplenty of storagesouth coastmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Spent a week here on 9th August-16th August.....I have to say the hotel and staff were lovely.
The staff were very helpful in sorting out a few problems that we had in our hotel room. They got them fixed straight away.
The staff were always happy and willing to help with any problems that you had and the resturant staff were all lovely as well. Working very hard to cater for so many people.
My daughter enjoyed her stay at butlins,plenty to do for the children and she never got bored.
All the staff and redcoats were friendly and the shows in centre stage of an evening were fantastic !
I will most defiantly come here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 113 at the shoreline. The room was perfect for a family of 4, and we had two teenagers! The hotel staff were so accommodating. We ate there and the food was simple, but just right. A great choice for all. You book for your evening meal, but breakfast doesn't allow booking so be prepared to wait. We followed the hotels advice and went at 10am, but we still had to queue for up to 30 mins. Margaret worked wonders. The hotel was very clean and perfectly placed for all of the resort.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Spent a 3 day break in august 9th for myself my 3 year old and my mother.After readin all the reviews i decided on the shoreline.It lived up to it's reputation,clean modern and friendly.My little one was kept entertained and happy.I think all the good reviews explain how fun and friendly butlins is and thanks o the past reviews i knew what to expect and it did not disappoint .Impulsively i also booked up at the same time for a half price deal in sept , so my little one and myself are excitedly awaiting. My only negative was the vegetarian choices of were very limited.I will review again on my return visit.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just back from a superb 5 day break at Butlins staying at the Shoreline Hotel. I've not been to Butlins for almost 20 years so it was the first time I'd stayed in one of their hotels and I'm pleased to say it exceeded my expectations. We travelled as a family of four with a 5 and 3 year old. This was the perfect holiday for them but a bit tiring for mum and dad!

Our room wasn't ready when we got to the resort but started to explore after a quick photo with Billy Bear who just happened to be in the hotel reception! When we did get into the room it was great. We were on the 3rd floor in a Columbus Quarters room that had a lovely view of the sea. The room itself was spotless and the children loved having their own area with bunk beds and TV. You also get to put Billy Bear to bed every evening (he has his own room in the hotel) but this gets very crowded and some of the smaller children got quite upset - maybe they could limit the numbers somehow (appreciate this would be difficult). We also had Red Coats and characters in the hotel every day which made it special for our children.

There is loads to do for children, and if you don't plan things carefully it's easy to miss out on things. On one day we were busy from 7:45am (character breakfast) until 8:30pm (the end of the Skyline Gang show) with a few other shows and rides thrown in along the way. Saying that, the following day we didn't do that much apart from swim and go on the fair so it is what you make of it really. Some of the character shows get booked up quickly so if you have a little Fireman Sam or Angelina Ballerina in tow book those early at the hotel reception to avoid any tears. There are also some great activities put on (tots soccer, games in Billy's Playground, story time with Billy etc) that don't get too crowded and the children really enjoy. The only thing I paid extra for was a go on the go-karts. One highlight of our day were the shows aimed at younger children on the Skyline stage between 6 and 8pm. Very well done and perfectly aimed at the age group our children fit into.

The pool is *very* crowded at peak time and not that much fun for a nervous 3 year old just finding his way in a pool. The hotel has it's own dedicated time in the pool early in the morning which makes it a lot more pleasant. If you did that and then went for breakfast you would miss the queue for breakfast too!

The food was ok (we went for the B&B meal plan) but breakfast in the hotel can get very crowded. Get there before 8:45 if you don't want to wait for a table. Also eating out every evening cost us £30-£35 for all 4 of us, so consider if you might be better off on the full meal plan. We only went to a couple of the places (Papa Johns, Beachcomber Inn) as they fitted in with our plans. If you eat out at the busy time (6:30 onwards) you will have to wait.

Final word has to go on the staff - they were all fantastic from the people serving in the shops through to the Red Coats. Never short of a smile and willing to help - nothing seemed like too much trouble. Superb.

It's easy to turn your nose up and somewhere like Butlins and the 'kind of people' it attracts but having been to Centre Parcs and now Butlins I would honestly choose Butlins every time, especially the hotels. It's not a relaxing holiday by any means, and can be a bit big, brash and in your face, but really is fun!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

had a fabulous time with the grand children have been many times and no doubt we will go many more times
good value for money
hotel excellent
childrens entertainment excellent
most of the activies close at 5pm so you do need money and lots of it to fulfil the amusement arcades greed

Room Tip: just take plenty of money for the slot machines, and things that close down over night
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family