“Lovely hotel in perfect location.”

and 1 more site!
The Royal Norfolk Hotel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bognor Regis
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Just had å 5 day break With Alfa coach tours.The hotel is the Best i have stayed in With å coach tour.Really clean , flat screen tv,hairdryer,tea,coffee and sea view.Modern lift,(no heavy gates). Plenty of space between tables in dining room Extensive menu.Aswell as the usual 4 main courses there was å varied selection of vegetarian dishes. such as pasta,jacket potatoes,pizza,etc. and you could also order from the childrens menu,sausages,chips, chicken goujons,beans etc.
The hotel is on the sea front and buses pass the hotel every few minutes.Very easy to get to Brighton or Portsmouth. If you have young children you can get å day pass to Butlins,which is nearby.Bognor is very flat,so suitable for peoole With walking difficulties.The shops are about 5 minutes walk and there is å Morrisons for cheap lunches and sandwiches.
There is entertainment 6nights but it wasn't that Good but there is å pub across the street.
Will definately go back but for at least å week.

• Stayed: July 2012
7  Thank margaret d

Reviewed 16 June 2012

This hotel is at the other end of the promenade to Butlins, and is very quiet. The rooms overlook the sea, at least most of them do. The breakfast and the main meal are to die for. Plenty to eat, and the service in the restaurant is very good. In the evening there is usually something going on in the lounge bar( I think it is called the Goodwood Bar ) . They had bingo the night we stayed, and the bar was open also, so it was nice and relaxing.The staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble for them. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Val S
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have just returned from The Royal Norfolk in Bognor Regis. I was there for four nights five days with Alfa Travel. I found this Hotel CLEAN with very friendly staff. I was solo and had a seaview single room. I would definitely recommend a seaview. My room was small but clean with a very nice bathroom. The menu was varied the food hot. For a change i had no complaints the weather was wet windy & cold other than that everything else was good.

Room Tip: Listening to others on my trip a sea view is a must. I had one and I was glad, and I was on the firs...
11  Thank savageManchester
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed last week after staying in mainly 4* hotels. I was a little aprehensive as this was 2*
Well I don't understand why it has the star rating it has. The hotel was great. Clean, well maintained but the best part? THE STAFF. The staff are 5* and the management should be very proud. ALL the staff seemed really happy to help and were great. I had a plesent stay, food was fine (if a little basic - but it seemed aimed at coach trips and so speed was important)... Bottom line? Can't fault it... I have never created a review before so it must be good.. Well done to all the staff
Kind regards Julian

11  Thank julian H
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I did book last minute and got a decent enough deal, though by no means a bargain, including breakfast. I was told I would have to change rooms after one night and that didn't bother me. In fact as it turned out, I was glad!

Room 11 on the 1st floor is quite small, poorly laid out, as hot as a sauna and catches all the noise from the corridor as the bed is placed on the wall alongside the creaky-floored corridor. The window did open but onto a flat roof and so for security's sake I felt that I couldn't leave it open to get any air. With the heat, people coming in late and the coach parties leaving at the crack of dawn - it wasn't a restful night. From the toilet it was probably possible for the dexterous to wash their hands in the basin and turn on the shower at the same time!

On the second day I moved to the second floor. A slightly larger and much more sensibly laid out room with a sea view. This was a much better room and I would recommend it for lone travellers. A bathroom with bath and, albeit tap controlled, shower over it in a normal sized bathroom, though poor light, was a real improvement too.

Breakfast was just OK - the menu and the dining room are very 80s style. No help yourself: diners have to tell the waiting staff what they want, so no choice on portion sizes either. Judging from the fact that my cooked choice arrived - lukewarm - literally one minute after my grapefruit dish had been removed, I can only assume that the kitchen is stocked full of the cooked items. i asked for two eggs and no sausage but was told that items could be omitted, no substitutes were allowed! Is that really service for the 21st century?

I didn't eat in the hotel on either night because the limited menu just wasn't appealing. Again, reminiscent of the 80s - 'Soup or pate', 'Roast pork or salmon', 'apple pie or ice cream' being the choices for the 3 courses. A 'special' of 'Cottage pie' was also on offer - as long as it had been ordered at breakfast time! That is really poor!

Perhaps the largely elderly coached in clientèle like these limited choices but as the hotel continues to sell rooms to independent travellers it must surely see the need to embrace much higher levels of service in the food department. Bognor isn't heaving wit great restaurants and frankly, they're missing a trick!

Staff were all quite pleasant, especially at the desk, and the hotel is well placed for town, the beach and has free parking. For those reasons I might stay again if I could secure a good room at a good price.

Room Tip: Single travellers - Say no to Room 11 - floor 1 at the back. Ask for 40 on the 2nd floor with sea v...
5  Thank Gardener01
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My sister and I just enjoyed a lovely 5 day holiday at this hotel;. We travelled with Alfa coach holidays and from start to finish all went well. The drive Dave was always very pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for him. The excursions were also very good, the only trouble the weather which Dave could do nothing about, however we did have 2 lovely sunny days. The hotel was spotless in every room, dining room, lounge card room and entertainment room..The bedroom we had overlooked the sea and gardens, and was nicely furnished with flat screen tv,ten and coffee facilities and coffe table with 2 easy chairs. The bathroom was also spotless with nice white towels and toiletries. Staff in reception, dining room and entertainment room always nice and pleasant, as were the girls who looked aftr the bedrooms.
We will definately be visiting again, either in the summer or maybe over Christmas.

Room Tip: As I believe all rooms are nice all I can suggest is to booked 1 with a sea view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank winnieinWalkden
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We went to the Royal Norfolk hotel last November and enjoyed it so much we re-booked to come again. 4 of us have just had another 5 day break with Alfa coach holidays and the hotel staff were just as friendly and efficient as before. The rooms were different as we did not book a sea view this time. They were still clean and roomy. The restaurant staff were the same as before, and some even remembered us. The meals were still as good, served hot, and with a smile. Reception do all they can to help. A really 'well done' to all the staff. We will be back again and again.

Room Tip: The top floor is quieter. Ask for a room at the end of the hotel away from the entertainment if yo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell Park
Selwood Lodge
Selwood Lodge
#9 of 9 in Bognor Regis

Been to The Royal Norfolk Hotel? Share your experiences!