“A Lovely Welcome” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 28 Bognor Regis B&B and Inns
Watford
“A Lovely Welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I stayed at the Swan Guest House with my granddaughter for a midweek break, and found it all as said on Trip Advisor. A lovely welcome from Sandra and our room was spotless, and the beds comfortable with a great breakfast. The only criticism I have is that when paying extra for an en suite room I did expect this to include our own loo and not just a shower. It didn't cause a problem as the loos were literally across the corridor from our room, but I did object just a tad for paying extra for a shower and not full en suite. Having said that we would quite happily return the the Swan as the location was perfect with eating places within walking distance in the evening.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel/inn/B&B is run by two fantastic people. I arrived quite late the first night (9:50pm) and immediately noticed a sign on the front door: "don't bother our guests unless you have a confirmed reservation". I had one but hesitated, expecting someone to answer the door angrily. This couldn't be further from the truth! Sandra answered the door, smiling. With not a word about my arriving so late, she showed me to my room. What a friendly and warm welcome! She made me feel right at home. The room was VERY comfortable. I had a single room right beside the bathroom; but I heard no noise through the walls. The bathrooms are shared; but there was never a wait to use them.
The beds are very comfortable and the rooms have everything you could want! The bedside table's drawer was stocked with some paperbacks. The tea/coffee making facilites were excellent. You get plush bath and hand towels to use, as well as a bathrobe! (I could see this being useful in the wintertime.)
Breakfast...Tony (the other hotel owner) is a GREAT cook, and he's super-friendly, like Sandra. I had a full English the first day, and it was a delicious choice. I highly recommend the haddock/horseradish fish cakes. Being not a fan of fish or horseradish, these were a delicious surprise! If you choose these fish-cakes, you will have the tastiest breakfast imaginable!!
The hotel itself is about a 15-20 minute walk from the train station; Bognor Regis is a great jumping-off point for exploring England's south coast.
You won't be disappointed choosing the Swan Guest House!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ChelseyO
Banbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

Fantastic hotel / B&B. Large clean rooms. Great breakfast. Good local knowledge. 1 minute away from the seafront and 10 minute walk to the town centre.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

Lovely guest house, well run. Close to local amenities, restaurants nearby, would highly recommend staying here, business or pleasure, owners friendly and helpful. Great breakfasts! Would definitely consider booking again with my family next time for a short holiday break. Lots to see nearby.

Andy, Nottingham

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
East Grinstead
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

Sandra Pascall gave us a warm welcome on our arrival and was there for us if we needed anything more than what was already provided.
Extremely well set up and managed 'home from home' residence.
Thank you for an all too short stay.

June and Brian of Felbridge

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

Great rooms (I stayed in a single and a double), very comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic: highly recommend the smoked haddock fish cake and poached egg.

Short walk to shops and beach.........perfect !

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

My husband and I were given Room 5 which was big and clean with a spare (single) bed, handy for putting all our stuff on! Everything was great except the bed - so uncomfortable on one side (the one nearest the door) my husband couldn't get to sleep he kept sliding off! So we swapped and I could hardly sleep on that side too. Shame as everything else - especially the fishcake and home-made jam at breakfast - was great.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sauzie123
Fruity2741, Owner at Swan Guest House, responded to this review, 15 August 2010
Hi there and thankyou for taking the time to write a review. We have investigated your comments and have now ordered a brand new mattress for room 5. We have an ongoing replacement policy for all our beds,bedding etc and room 5 was close to its review time. We do appologise for the inconvenience and appreciate these constructive comments, as without them we cannot improve.Thankyou once again and we are glad that everything else was to your satisfaction.Hope to see you again in the future, Sandra and Tony Pascall.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bognor Regis
#7 of 9 in Chichester
Navigator Hotel
Navigator Hotel
#7 of 28 in Bognor Regis

Been to Swan Guest House? Share your experiences!