“First class, a superb place to stay.”
Review of Swan Guest House

and 1 more site!
Swan Guest House
Ranked #12 of 26 Bognor Regis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is my second visit to Swan Guest House, and yet again it proved to be a fantastic place to stay. Welcoming and friendly, clean, and a quality breakfast.
The hosts/owners make you feel very special and nothing is too much trouble.
The rooms are spotless, and very comfortable, and the bathroom/toilet gleamingly clean.
Breakfast is served in a lovely dining room, and the choice is great. Fresh fruit, cereal and fresh juices were available, and then ofcourse the best bit, the cooked breakfast. Served quickly, piping hot,and you could taste and see the quality. Serving staff very friendly and happy to help. You can walk to the seafront in under a minute, and I will not stay anywhere else when I am in Bognor. Also the guest house kindly posted back my childs cardi which we left there, and considering it was a very busy peak August for the guest house, I really appreciated it. My sister and other family have stayed here also, and share the same view on what a great place it is.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a fantastic shower...you must try it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Swan Guest House

Reviewed 19 August 2011

I stayed at the Swan Guest House with my granddaughter for a midweek break, and found it all as said on Trip Advisor. A lovely welcome from Sandra and our room was spotless, and the beds comfortable with a great breakfast. The only criticism I have is that when paying extra for an en suite room I did expect this to include our own loo and not just a shower. It didn't cause a problem as the loos were literally across the corridor from our room, but I did object just a tad for paying extra for a shower and not full en suite. Having said that we would quite happily return the the Swan as the location was perfect with eating places within walking distance in the evening.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel/inn/B&B is run by two fantastic people. I arrived quite late the first night (9:50pm) and immediately noticed a sign on the front door: "don't bother our guests unless you have a confirmed reservation". I had one but hesitated, expecting someone to answer the door angrily. This couldn't be further from the truth! Sandra answered the door, smiling. With not a word about my arriving so late, she showed me to my room. What a friendly and warm welcome! She made me feel right at home. The room was VERY comfortable. I had a single room right beside the bathroom; but I heard no noise through the walls. The bathrooms are shared; but there was never a wait to use them.
The beds are very comfortable and the rooms have everything you could want! The bedside table's drawer was stocked with some paperbacks. The tea/coffee making facilites were excellent. You get plush bath and hand towels to use, as well as a bathrobe! (I could see this being useful in the wintertime.)
Breakfast...Tony (the other hotel owner) is a GREAT cook, and he's super-friendly, like Sandra. I had a full English the first day, and it was a delicious choice. I highly recommend the haddock/horseradish fish cakes. Being not a fan of fish or horseradish, these were a delicious surprise! If you choose these fish-cakes, you will have the tastiest breakfast imaginable!!
The hotel itself is about a 15-20 minute walk from the train station; Bognor Regis is a great jumping-off point for exploring England's south coast.
You won't be disappointed choosing the Swan Guest House!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ChelseyO
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Fantastic hotel / B&B. Large clean rooms. Great breakfast. Good local knowledge. 1 minute away from the seafront and 10 minute walk to the town centre.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Lovely guest house, well run. Close to local amenities, restaurants nearby, would highly recommend staying here, business or pleasure, owners friendly and helpful. Great breakfasts! Would definitely consider booking again with my family next time for a short holiday break. Lots to see nearby.

Andy, Nottingham

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2010

Sandra Pascall gave us a warm welcome on our arrival and was there for us if we needed anything more than what was already provided.
Extremely well set up and managed 'home from home' residence.
Thank you for an all too short stay.

June and Brian of Felbridge

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Great rooms (I stayed in a single and a double), very comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic: highly recommend the smoked haddock fish cake and poached egg.

Short walk to shops and beach.........perfect !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo