Broxmead Paddock
US$59
Travelodge
US$280
Travelocity
South Lodge Hotel(Lower Beeding)
US$261
Hotels.com
Cisswood House(Lower Beeding)
US$114
US$103
Hotels.com
US$92
PremierInn.com
The Birch Hotel(Haywards Heath)
US$137
US$88
The Bull(Ditchling)
US$171
All reviewsperfect hostsb bwillow roomcomfy bedroomhome from homehaywards heathbolney wine estatean evening mealbreakfast was deliciousshort breakplace to staya lovely staythe pubon arrivalbeverleywedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I attend regular training courses and normally stay in hotels, which as a woman on her own, find staying on my own and eating out alone quite intimidating. I decided to book this b&b after looking at the prices of the hotels in this area, and it seemed a reasonable price in comparison. Broxmead paddock is a beautiful house in an amazing location. If you are looking for a country setting, this is the place to go. Bev and her husband made me feel so welcome and evening meals are also available, which was perfect for me not having to dine out alone. The food was great, a full menu available and the breakfasts were very tasty and filling. I would not hesitate to recommend this as a great place to stay! Bev in particular is a very entertaining and funny lady, adept at putting you at ease and has many a funny story to tell.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 10 September 2012

So, two nights in Broxmead Paddock were in order for my wife and I to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Bev and Brian made us very welcome and we could not fault the room, food or service. Bev is rightly proud of the local produce she uses, including eggs from her own hens, which means that the quality of the food on offer is top-notch. The room was comfortable and had all the amenities that you would expect.

Broxmead has won awards for its breakfasts and it is easy to see why, the range of food on offer would allow you to break your fast with some style! We also had booked in for an evening meal, which was well cooked and presented with panache and an amusing series of anecdotes. We had visited a local vineyard and were pleased to find these wines available for us to enjoy.

Both Bev and Brian obviously take pride in their enterprise, and so they should. Broxmead Paddock is to be recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Just got back from two nights here based around a trip to the local vineyard. I was a bit concerned as its quite close to the M23 but noise was not a problem at all. Its down a very quiet and peaceful lane with good walks and views nearby.

Lovely place to stay with very warm and welcoming hosts, a good mix of informality and friendliness along with lovely breakfasts and friendly chickens in the garden! Did not try the evening meals as we ate out locally, the Bolney stage (10 min walk) was a good meal with good service and very popular, we also ate in the Eight bells, which was a cab ride away in the village and was also fine.

We would certainly stay here again without hesitation and thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I never believed in perfection until I stayed at the beautiful Broxmead Paddock. I could find no faults whatsoever. On arrival the lovely Beverley showed us to our room and then said if we made our way to the garden she would bring us some tea. We stayed 1 night and took up the option of an evening meal accompanied by some fantastic wine from the local vineyard. The meal was 1st class and very reasonably priced and was all home cooked using local ingredients and veg from the garden. The breakfast was stunning, the juice press a lovely touch with a wonderful story behind it. Our only regret was we didn't get to meet Bev's partner in crime Brian but hopefully we'll meet him on our next visit. The biggest compliment I can give is we never felt like guests, we felt like family. Thank you so much Beverley.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kev4bu
Reviewed 26 July 2012

What a warm welcome we had in this very peaceful and comfortable place. The room was really comfortable and clean, and a great choice of tea/coffee in the room. We walked to the vineyard and back along quiet lanes, about 40 minutes each way, for a tasting. Recommended for a get away from it all lovely escape.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple