“Real Medieval treat.....”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Climping
Hamps
“Real Medieval treat.....”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

What a Fantastic hotel!!! The place has a good feel of going back in time which we personally loved it. Our room was well appointed and had a nice spacious bathroom with a walk in shower room.
My kids enjoyed the various activities set up in the hotel ground and the space to run around. Family walk to the sea was fantastic!
Service was attentive and friendly. My 6 yr old son didn’t want to leave the hotel especially after a very good and large layout of breakfast they served. All the staff are very attentive and friendly and I felt they genuinely want to look after you especially, Monica.
We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunitha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
uk
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to this hotel before to stay and eat but this time it was for dinner £49.50 each and I have to say it was the worst meal I have had in ages.Wrong starters at first and lamb that we was told would be pink and was well cooked.Every single item we had was lacking in any flavour and all sauces were like dishwater I am totally amazed that they can charge so much for such rubbish

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Rrrtw
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My family arranged a surprise lunch here, to celebrate my 40th.
Had a fantastic time, the food was amazing, with the chef even adding additional veggie meals to the menu, as half of the party were vegetarian.
The staff were all really friendly, with nothing too much trouble.
We sat inside for the meal, in the restaurant and then went outside to the courtyard, with a lovely surprise of cake and champagne!
We had a voucher for the food, but even without that, I thought the food was very reasonably priced for the standard and quality.
Will be back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I brought my god daughter here for a 21st lunch. I had left it quite late to book and was hoping for Amberley Castle -but we were completely delighted with the whole experience!

Food was faultless, we sat in the courtyard which was really pretty. We chose from both the set menu and a la carte and did a mix and match lunch.

Sadly as I was driving I couldn't sample the wine list but I did have a look and it seemed varied and reasonable.

Because of location I guess I won't be a frequent visitor but I would definitely go back again and recommend it for lunch / dinner with no hesitation at all.

• Stayed July 2014
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, the suites are very small. The service was slow and no where near as good as other silver service hotels in the area! We paid a lot of money for a small room and poor service. The spa facilities were amazing. Overall I was very disappointed - this hotel is the very definition of cognitive dissonance

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank cindy c
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a hen group and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Nothing was too much of a problem, they bent over backwards to make our stay special. The setting was just perfect and it really was a perfect getaway. The spa was one of the nicest I've ever been to. Can't fault anything!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I took my fiancee in April for a birthday treat, being one of her favourite places to chill out.
It was all lovely, as usual, the staff very crisp and helpful, but the restaurant, previously supberb, fell slightly short.
It was all 'fine', but we visit BC as a treat, to feel special, and the restaurant in particular was no longer 'special'- things were mis-timed, I had to ask 3 times at breakfast for milk for my coffee, and never quite had the sense that any of my requests were quite 'heard'. Whereas before (I think we've been 3 times previously) the service had been prompt, and we were made to feel like welcome guests, this time I felt very slightly like a nuisance for asking the waiters for anything. Perhaps they are understaffed (sort it out!), but this visit was disappointing, perhaps in minor ways, but they all add up. Spa is still excellent, rooms still lovely, let down by the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Climping
Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,933 reviews
Angmering Manor
Angmering Manor
#1 of 1 in Angmering

Been to Bailiffscourt Hotel? Share your experiences!