1,167 results
All reviewsclimping beachthe main houseopen firespa treatmentssuperior roomoutdoor poolfour poster bedthe general managergreat spawalk in showerfeature roomcream teasteam roomspa areahot tubthree coursesroll top bath
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

If you like ( or know of ) Downton Abbey, its your opportunity to play at it. This is one unique hotel 'experience' built almost as a whimsey by the Guinness family - this is a miniature country estate. The main house is fuax 19th C made from even earlier relics (read the fascinating history) yet in the grounds are a few (yes really) so tasteful modern accomodation buildings, yet still classically ancient in appearance and a meld of old and new inside - sliding gilded window blinds - cat swinging size showers (curved too so you actually could). No cranky plumbing here.. Open fire in the bedroom? Of course m'lord - would you like it lit now? Yes pls .. I'll just take a nap on my Jacobean four poster.
You will get lost in the maze of rooms (no numbers just names). You'll wish you were six so you could play hide and seek as there are more nooks crannies tunnels and snugs than you ever thought possible. Staff are a delight and really 'into' where they work. I am struggling to describe it, as it is so unique... Food ...ah yes, as you'd expect, everything one could wish for and more. Peacocks, a Chapel, health club and pools in the grounds, beach a brisk walk away. But of course.... I suggest you go there as it's hard to believe what I am writing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2017

My girls took me there as Mother's Day treat. What a beautiful place and I felt really relaxed. I was taken back by the decor this building is so old but it's felt really cosy. Anybody can just walk in to have a drink in one of the little snugs ,all seating is different which is really great you can sink into the settees. Dogs are also welcomed . The hotel has a spa and I don't think you have to stay at the hotel to use it. I also went back there one night with my husband for a couple of drinks and you just felt really relaxed . It's a must try even if you have one drink before you go for a stroll around the grounds and to climbing beach near by.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Bailiffscourt Spa provided a truly special experience for three generations of women from my family when we spent the day there this week. We were made welcome from the start, entering the beautiful barn and starting our day with warm robes, fresh towels, flip flops and, with swimsuits on, we took advantage of the good weather and headed straight for the loungers and the outdoor infinity pool.
Staff were available, but not intrusive, and this helped us to have a relaxing morning taking advantage of the delightful setting. Lunch was perfect - light but satisfying and fresh ingredients made it very tasty. A glass of bubbly went down very well too. Our treatments followed about an hour later and I can't say how amazing these were. As a novice to facials and full massage, I thought the experience was just incredible. My companions on the day had much to compare with and they agreed the therapies were amazing. I wanted to take Danielle home!
Feeling relaxed, rejuvinated and loose-limbed, we had plenty of time to rest before our afternoon tea arrived in the shade of the oak trees outside. Delicious once again - warm scones and scrumptious jam and clotted cream. Yum!
None of us wanted to leave Bailiffscourt. We lingered as long as we could before climbing in the car and returning to our lives.
A special day that will linger long in the memory and certainly somewhere I will return to when I can. Perfect.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Although I live almost on the doorstep of Bailiffs Court this was my first visit. I'd resisted going in the past as I had a poor experience on the phone booking 18 months ago. on this occassion a close friend was visiting celebrating the sale of his company so we needed somewhere a bit special. BC certainly delivered, the setting is wonderful, the menu well thought out and the food quality and service exceptional. The wine choice is very good and not wildly expensive. I will most cerainly be dining there agian.

There was a strange incident with the waiter/barman after the meal, I asked for an armagnac brandy and his response was that he had never heard of it. Seemed odd that an establishment of that calibre had a bar man who didnt know his brandy's. Admitadly he did give us an exceptional alternative.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We have just returned from a very enjoyable stay at the Bailffscourt.
We were very impressed with the relaxed ambience of the hotel and made full use of the Spa facilities which are very good. The indoor and outdoor pools were both warm, very clean and well maintained and the associated hot tubs, sauna and steam room were also all excellent.
The gym was well equipped with good quality machines that give you the chance to work off a few calories before enjoying top quality dining. The staff were attentive without being intrusive.
The pebble beach is a short stroll away and is generally very quiet.
We stayed in the Meadefylde room, which has a superbly equipped bathroom and is in the main building - this room is recommended.
Definitely on the list for a special occasion visit for us.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building have lots of character
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple