“Terrific Place”
Review of Burghurst Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haywards Heath
Burghurst Lodge
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My wife and I booked a single night at Burghurst Lodge as we needed to be in Haywards Heath the following day. The location is excellent - being only a short distance from the main road but in a quiet, rural spot.

The owner, Jessica, was very welcoming and struck a fine balance between being friendly and interested in you without being intrusive.

The accommodation itself is a detached annexe to the main house and is like your own one-bed studio apartment. You have a large sleeping/living area, a kitchenette and a shower room. The whole place looks to have been recently renovated and with impeccable taste from the good quality bed and linens to furnishings. It's one of those places where we both looked at each other and said 'nice'.

Normally I like to include any negatives we found just to provide some balance but really, there was nothing to complain about. Especially when at £65 I think it offers excellent value for money. By the way, it's worth paying the optional tenner and going for the cooked breakfast - spot on!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UK_Author

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We stayed here for two night before travelling on to Gatwick.

I can recommend this lovely B&B if you want peace and quiet and comfortable accommodation.

I endorse all the positive comments made about Burghurst Lodge so thank you to Jessica for your kindness and making us feel welcome.

A relaxing start to the holiday and so near to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

What a lovely cottage Burghurst Lodge is. Quiet, private and very comfortable. We stayed here overnight to attend The Ardingly Antiques Show. Lovely large bedroom, with en-suite bathroom, sofa and breakfast table overlooking the courtyard where we enjoyed breakfast. The hosts had thought of everything - even a torch for getting home from the pub. Had we stayed longer we could have used the kitchen facilities but we chose to eat out - there are two pubs in the village and the Coach & Horses at Danehill which was excellent. Secure and private parking. Breakfast was full of choice - delicious bread, yoghurts, museli and even free range and organic eggs for their own chickens! We'll definitely return and reccomend to all our friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna P
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in this sweet little cottage. It is everything we hoped for and more. Lots of fresh, home made produce for breakfast (more than enough) and chocolate cake and fresh flowers to welcome us. I've already put it on my 'favourite places' list.
Also a very good shower. I rated sleep quality average because it is a queen size bed and we are used to a king size.
We went twice to The Crown (pub within walking distance) and enjoyed both meals.
Hope to visit again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Working locally nearby for a week and a long way from home, I was looking for comfortable, relaxing accomodation and Burghurst Lodge exceeded my expectations. Such a pretty village and good food at the pub The Crown a minute walk away, but most of my five nights stay I was easily able to cook for myself with the excellent hob and kitchen facilties, a real bonus in keeping my costs down. I can't fault anything about my stay, spec, facilities, design and comfort, and nice to know the owner Jessica and family were just across the driveway at home. I didn't want to leave! If you like the look of their website you'll love it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank LillyVonSchtupp
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We wanted to sample the English country and this was the best location possible. The small but well equipped private cottage felt like home. The owner was so kind and was always available for questions and suggestions.

We drove (first time on the other side of the road), so getting here from Gatwick airport was short (although not straighforward).

The local attractions were plentiful including the BlueBell Railway which was a treat.

The full English Breakfast (extra) was fantastic and I even sampled Black Pudding.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JacobW15
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We spent a night at the Burghurst lodge in March 2011 and were very pleasantly surprised by the room, which is a converted barn on the grounds of the owner's house.
The conversion is very clever and the room is light, airy and cosy with a bed, sofa, table and chairs. the finish is excellent, and attention to detail is shown in every area. The friendly welcome from the hostess, and very tasty breakfast set us up for a great two days of walks in the surrounding countryside.
We loved that the room had it's own proper kitchen, but we chose to eat in one of the two local pubs, 100yds from the lodge.
The area is very quiet and pretty, so this is a place for those looking for a break from the rat race. We'll be visiting again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
Wheatsheaf Inn
Wheatsheaf Inn
#1 of 1 in Cuckfield

Been to Burghurst Lodge? Share your experiences!