“Good even in adversity!”

Nizam Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
“Good even in adversity!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Been here several times over the past years and it's always good. We had the fantastic mixed starter. Our main courses were just a little spoilt, as mine had a rather chemical taste, caused by the (I think) excess smoke of the tandoori start up. Probably because we were there very early in the evening. But the excellent way this small complaint was handled showed the professionalism of this establishment. No argument. Either a replacement or money back. Just perfect. So I will return.

1 Thank seadog229

Brighton, United Kingdom
“BEST INDIAN FOR MILES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have been coming to the Nizam for around 8 years and travel about 25 miles to meet friends there once a month. The other party members are not local either but we all feel that the Nizam is the only restaurant where ALL the food is eaten and we are never hurried! Fantastic food with great taste, great service, clean and friendly. Anwar and his staff do a brilliant job. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Sally S
West Sussex
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Having over many decades tried all the Indians several times in Haywards Heath I can not recommend the Nizam as being the best at the moment. My normal choice when visiting recently was closed so we tried the Nizam and while the service was just about ok there was a certain amount of disinterest and although we arrived about 9pm a feeling that we were being a little hurried. The Starters we shared were luke warm and the main courses a bit underwhelming in flavour. The Vindaloo was powdery on the palate and not very hot at all. Overall the prices charged do not reflect the experience. I have had far better at a much more reasonable cost in the town and until I get some good feedback from friends that might wish to dine there I will not be hurrying back.

London, UK
“Excellent restaurant, great Indian/ Bangladeshi cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Have now visited Nizam four times in the past year; it is consistently excellent. Food is always good, OK value, and recently some new menu items have been added which makes for an even better choice. Service is attentive without being pushy. Staff are very friendly and considerate - happy to take coats, etc and when I left some things behind by accident one time, they had it covered and looked after everything until I returned to collect them. Place is generally popular (deservedly so) - even on a Tuesday evening the place is well attended with a good atmosphere. Always a pleasure to eat there.

1 Thank discomonkeymo
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good Restauarant and Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Visited the Nizam with friends, a very busy night but good attentive service and an excellent choice of menu. Prices I would consider to be very reasonable compared to other local restaurants. The service is not rushed and the staff and very friendly. Everything is clean and tidy and the restaurant is always well laid out, the reception area is always busy with take away collections so another very good sign of the quality that you get. I would recommend and have been there on many occasions.

Visited May 2013