This is a very ordinary and moderate business hotel. We had booked a double non-smoking and received a twin smoking. In fact the whole hotel seemed to be totally impregnated with smoke during our stay. The breakfast was very poor; pre-cooked and unappetising. The waiting staff seemed to be asleep and seemed reluctant to clean all the mess from the previous people who had used our table until asked quite firmly to do so. The other staff seemed to be rules based as, when we left there was an early arriving guest who was refused his room until 2pm as "that is what the Manager insists on" despite the fact that there are 90 odd rooms and he obviously needed a place to change for an appointment. Unsurprisingly, the plants all seemed to be made of plastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Birch Hotel is located in the West Sussex town of Haywards Heath , 3 miles from Burgess Hill, 18 miles from Brighton and 15 miles from Gatwick Airport. The original building was built in c.1874 And still retains some of the original features, including oak panelling in the lounge area and stained glass windows on the main staircase. The Birch Hotel has undergone extensive refurbishment over the last few years making it the perfect venue for business or leisure. The main facilities of The Birch Hotel are: 51 en-suite bedrooms, all with Free wired internet access, 6 Conference rooms ideal for interviewing up to theatre style for 60 persons, (all rooms have wireless internet access), 3 banqueting rooms suitable for the small family celebration from 10 guests up to 80 guests for a seated reception. The Birch Hotel is licensed for Civil and Partnership ceremonies. The Birch offers the Courtyard resytaurant or our new modern Bistro Bar for dining .On site free carpark with a small side garden. The Hotel is Non Smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your BEST WESTERN The Birch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Haywards Heath
- Haywards Heath Best Western
- BEST WESTERN The Birch Hotel Haywards Heath, West Sussex