“Great steak, fresh food”
Review of Inn on the Green

Inn on the Green
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, great food.
Went with my girlfriend for some food, I had the garlic bread board, which actually had fresh garlic on it. Girlfriend had the mussels and mini burger and loved it.
My steak was cooked to perfection and was an excellent cut, juicy melt in the mouth.
The staff were helpful and attentive.
Will be going back soon

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Saturday Lunchtime meal. We went to the Inn on the Green for my wife's birthday and was pleasantly surprised. The food was good an piping hot the service was very good and the beer was very good. I assume that the Landlord and Lady are new but we were pleased with what we had and will be going back.

1  Thank Martin M
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This was our second visit to Inn of the Green, sadly we were pretty disappointed. Previously visited midweek afternoon and had an good experience. Today was pretty poor. The staff serving us came across as disinterested and made us feel unwelcome. We tried to order drinks from our table to be told that we should go to the bar instead, then the lady changed her mind but made us feel like she was going out of her way. Throughout the evening everything was treated like a chore. The food was quite average, my burger had little taste and had fallen apart before it reached our table, my wife's chicken and leek pie was not very nice, over seasoned and comprised mostly of parsnip.

2  Thank GaryZombie
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Turning around a pub that has historically failed for many years is a heck of a challenge but especially so in our current climate. The Staff here are working incredibly hard to get the balance just right and I think they are doing a wonderful job. I’ve been visiting this pub now for 27 years, on and off, and can assure you they are here to stay. OK, there may be a few things that need more attention but they are starting from what essentially was a dead pub. I go every week for a drink and enjoy the genuine warm welcome I get and have had some really good food at the weekend. All those that have gone once should try again and give the new Landlord and his staff the support they deserve. I wish them all the best.

1  Thank David C
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The pub is now an interesting place to go lots of events happening..Live music and themed evenings The tapas night was great fun and the meal was varied and sensibly priced. Well worth a visit Louie and his parents are very nice and keen to please .We will go again without a doubt.

1  Thank alanroy2