“Lovely food and service”
Review of Everest Spice - CLOSED

Everest Spice
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Everest Spice is an authentic with Morden touch a Nepalese & Indian Restaurant. Our goal is simply to 'delight' you with our Food quality & friendly yet professional service. In order to make our dishes special, we source all the ingredients very carefully; use no colour & use fresh herbs & special spices in order to bring excellent taste to your meal.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Variety is not the spice of life in terms of restaurants in Haywards Heath(sorry, a bit corny!) but Everest Spice is great! Food is subtly spicy, fresh and clean on the palette and really delicious. Service is very friendly, helpful and courteous. A really good culinary experience. I've been in Nepal and have tasted the real thing and I'm still impressed :-)

1  Thank Lollyven

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We went to everest spice last night after a friend said they had been to their sister restaurant, and the Nepalese style of food offered a different spin on Indian cuisine, away from the usual bangladeshi style.

The menu did have different dishes, many I had not seen before, but these were pitched alongside the usual korma, madras, tikka dishes you might see in a standard indian, so not quite the different experience I was expecting

Having said that, the food was well cooked and tasty and the service was friendly, if a little slow, not that we were in a hurry so it wasn't an issue. Complimentary drinks were offered at the end which was a nice touch.

Recommended if in the area

1  Thank CS30
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Ok so just tried to place order and enquired about delivery
we are 2.4 miles from the restaraunt - so under 3 miles should be free.
Man on phone was very dismissive and said ' will do it for you once on this occasion"
then went off to talk to somebody else.
When he came back we put the phone down on him.
Sorry pal, you're going to have to do betterthan that if you want my custom.
Oh and by the way we live in an affluent part of Haywards heath, I will make sure
everybody avoids you.

3  Thank SussexGlobetrekker
Rosan S, General Manager at Everest Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review about us based on a telephone conversation.

We pride ourselves in providing top quality food & customer service & we would never put down a phone on our customers as this is completely against our ethics, policy & norms of good customer service.

We do deliver up to 2.5 miles from the Restaurant & it is also clearly written on our takeaway/delivery menu as well so please accept our apology if you were told otherwise! at the time of your call, Restaurant was extremely busy & few customers were at the Bar waiting to ask some questions to the waiter who was on the phone with you, before he put you on hold, he clearly remembers that requesting you to stay on hold for few seconds as however you may not have heard clearly due to the loud background noise. When he came back you had already gone.

I believe that the experience you had over the phone was due to combination of few things like mention above including bit of a misunderstanding on communication & on behalf of the Restaurant, I would like to apologise for the telephone experience you received which wasn't our normal standard top class customer service.

I am hopeful that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with top quality food & service.

Regards,
Rosan Sapkota
Business Owner

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife visited the newly opened Nepalese Restaurent last weekend, couldn't believe it was fully packed both up and downstairs. A well looking waiter polietly requested us to wait if they have any tables avalible. After 2 3 minutes he got to know that they had a space for two downstairs, we have had a starter ( POLEKO CHICKEN) to share, godness me it was awesome, very juicy topped it with well decoration, we went onto our mein course which was PAHADI LAMB, HOUSE SPECIAL DAL, NAN and RICE, my husband found best lamb curry he had ever tried. Everything went smooth even it was totally busy, fabulous services with mouth watering cuisines. I am already rushing to go back and try their some other stuffs. Spend your valuable time for quality Everest Spice...Highly recommend...

1  Thank pu89
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Having read the reviews on here, four of us decided to give it a try. Delicious starters very different from your average Indian restaurant. Service was very good really liked the Nepalese beer.
I ordered Chicken Dhansak, and was disappointed at first but realized it was different from what I was used to. My wife particularly liked the prawn tandoori, our friends said their mains were very good. The rice and naan and side dishes were also delicious.
I would definately go back, but be prepared for different flavours.

1  Thank Bostongally1