“very content diner.......”
Review of 47 Mussel Row

47 Mussel Row
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our little, English gem by the River Arun! Te key quality food is good ingredients. Tat's why our crab is staight fom te boat, why we choose lamb reared on te lush roling pastures of te nearby Sout Downs and why, when we do have t tavel frter afeld, our beef is sourced from only the finest Scottish herds. "Custmers of a Litlehamptn restaurant have helped it t serve up a nominaton for a best seafood establishment in the south award." - Littlehampton Gazette
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I visited mussel row this week whilst on business, the staff were very accommodating and keen to please, the food was fresh, looked vibrant and most importantly was full of flavour, a very nice wine selection, over all a top restaurant, good value, honest food, not always easy to find! VERY CONTENT DINER.

2  Thank jamiemosaheb

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Good a la card restaurant. We had the lamb and the fish with scallops. Nice place good service.

One remark in general: so close to the sea and hardly any fish on the menu. This goes for a lot of sea side English restaurants.

1  Thank Getiaantjes
Reviewed 23 June 2014

After going to Mussel row in 2013 and enjoying the food I went back in 2014. The waitresses all looked to be miserable and stormed around the restaraunt- it was hardly busy. My main course had bits of crabshell in it and was very bland which for the price offered was dissappointing, I could have got better for a fiver at the local chippy. When it came to order desserts the waitress got it wrong and left me sitting there waiting for my partners one for ten minutes before she realised that she hadnt ordered it. Overall, I think that Mussel Row is very overproced for the service that you recieve and the quality off the food.

3  Thank Abigail B
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a really good restaurant in Littlehampton with a great riverside location. Its food is of very high quality and plentiful and this together with friendly service and great atmosphere make it a an excellent place to eat with friends or as a couple. We've been here several times and every time it lives up to our big expectations. Most recently, we came as a party of nine and all went away thoroughly impressed with food and wine.
I have to confess that I always end up going for the 10oz sirloin steak with wild mushroom butter, triple cooked chips and salad. It's superb quality meat, cooked to perfection. In so many restaurants, what should be one of the easiest meals to cook - the steak - ends up being an expensive embarrassment. Never here. Others in the group went for the rack of lamb, dauphinoise potatoes and vegetables and came away full of compliments. One went for the fantastic fish and chips, another for the chicken and finally one went for the sea bass. This is normally served with prawns, but our friends doesn't get on with prawns, so asked if they could be removed. The waitress was excellent, asking if it was an allergy or just a dislike, so that they could make certain that the prawns had been nowhere near the fish if this was the case. They also offered a sauce to go with the fish instead. Great stuff.
Starters included the delicious chowder, roasted belly of pork and others that I can't remember. Also there were a number of really excellent looking desserts. The triple ice cream and rhubarb crumble looked amazing, but the steak filled me up.
This is just a wonderful restaurant that I rate as overall, probably the best in the town.

2  Thank Journeyman4
Reviewed 12 June 2014

47 mussel row is an excellent reason to visit Littlehampton the food is fantastic and i have eated in some of the best restaurants and eateries in the world. Seafood chowder plaice and chips all the deserts are first class

2  Thank Trevor73