“Nothing Special.”

Ranked #19 of 96 Restaurants in Littlehampton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's getting more difficult to find a really good steak these days. I just fancied a simple grilled steak with salad and chips, which is what I tried to order here. On being offered a rib-eye with chips and peas, I asked whether I could substitute salad for the peas. Not possible unfortunately. Could I leave the peas off? Yes, that was possible, so I did! Then we had a bit of a palaver over using my card because the card point was at the exact opposite end of the counter - which seemed like half a mile away! Never mind - the young lad behind the counter was pleasant enough as was his colleague who finally brought the meal and very efficiently brought cutlery and sauces etc.

The steak arrived on a "sizzling platter" which was still sizzling - so far so good. Unfortunately that's about a good as it got. The steak was done medium rare - as I had asked, but was not in the least bit succulent and had virtually no flavour. The onion and mushroom accompaniment was nice and the chips were OK. I suspect everything, including the steak, came straight out of the freezer, but I was hungry - so it got eaten.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went in to have a pub lunch and enjoy the nice weather, the waitress was very happy to sit us down but as soon as we go to the counter to order the food we are refused! Apparently, the new policy doesn't allow under 18s to order without a parent! Even though non of us were ordering alcoholic drinks!

We promptly left and most likely never going to return.

3  Thank tbc17
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear tbc17

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review regarding your recent experience at The Lamb Inn

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the pub in regards to the service you received. I can assure you that I have passed on your comments to the Management Team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been going to the lamb for very many years now, and I have never ever had a complaint up until now..
I ordered a rump steak well well done and a mix grill with the steak being med rear for my friend.
The bar assistant got the order mixed up and my rump steak was med rear and the mix steak being well done, I understand human error.
I informed the waitress and she was really apologetic and said that she would rectify the steak.
The rump steak came out well done on the outside but really bloody in the middle, I called the waitress over explained the situation, again she was really apologetic , she offered me another steak, at this point my friend had already eaten his meal and I was put off eating anyway, she said that the manager would be over to talk to me.
My friend went to the bar and ordered more drinks, he also bought me a packet of crisps and nuts to try and substitute the meal I was suppose too have, the lady behind the bar said to my friend that instead of being reimbursed for the meal he could have the 2 drinks, crisp and nuts instead.
The manager had still not come over to apologise.
We drank the drinks, we got up and a lady came over as we were to exit the lamb and said 'sorry about the steak' , that is all she said.
i felt it was not an apology, it actually made me feel worse because it was not sincere, I would of preferred no apology.
I said ok.
What I would of liked was a sincere apology, reimbursed for my meal and a drink on the house as a good will gesture.
I feel really let down.

2  Thank Nicola H
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Nicola H

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Lamb Inn with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

lovely food, quick too considering how busy it was. my husband says it was one of the nicest burgers hes ever had! nice menu, decent prices too. really dont have anything bad to say about the place. would defiantly recommend and visit again!

1  Thank cakes101
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I have visited the Lamb on a few occasions and have enjoyed the food and both food and drinks are reasonably priced, the pub is clean, comfortable and the staff friendly, but we wouldn't want to go there with young children as some of the clientele leave a lot to be desired the use of foul language is often loud and unacceptable. In my view it is down to the staff/management to inform the clientele that foul language will not be tolerated thus making the pub a more desirable place to visit.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Footballer2014

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Lamb Inn who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board and passed it to the relevant teams.

We do hope to see you soon in the Lamb Inn soon.

Kind regards,