“👍”

Lamb Inn
Ranked #13 of 94 Restaurants in Littlehampton
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West sussex
“👍”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Always clean and tidy. Food is excellent, not yet been let down. Staff always polite and professional. Once again will return

2 Thank H4l3y

Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Drinks and food”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I liked food challenge and spicy wings,burgers and chips and very busy atmosphere,outdone siting area and play area for kids,was there many times and always get satisfaction with food.

Visited May 2014
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Nothing Special.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's getting more difficult to find a really good steak these days. I just fancied a simple grilled steak with salad and chips, which is what I tried to order here. On being offered a rib-eye with chips and peas, I asked whether I could substitute salad for the peas. Not possible unfortunately. Could I leave the peas off? Yes, that was possible, so I did! Then we had a bit of a palaver over using my card because the card point was at the exact opposite end of the counter - which seemed like half a mile away! Never mind - the young lad behind the counter was pleasant enough as was his colleague who finally brought the meal and very efficiently brought cutlery and sauces etc.

The steak arrived on a "sizzling platter" which was still sizzling - so far so good. Unfortunately that's about a good as it got. The steak was done medium rare - as I had asked, but was not in the least bit succulent and had virtually no flavour. The onion and mushroom accompaniment was nice and the chips were OK. I suspect everything, including the steak, came straight out of the freezer, but I was hungry - so it got eaten.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Wasn't Allowed To Order”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went in to have a pub lunch and enjoy the nice weather, the waitress was very happy to sit us down but as soon as we go to the counter to order the food we are refused! Apparently, the new policy doesn't allow under 18s to order without a parent! Even though non of us were ordering alcoholic drinks!

We promptly left and most likely never going to return.

3 Thank tbc17
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Lamb Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear tbc17

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review regarding your recent experience at The Lamb Inn

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the pub in regards to the service you received. I can assure you that I have passed on your comments to the Management Team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind Regards

Flaming Grill
West Sussex
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been going to the lamb for very many years now, and I have never ever had a complaint up until now..
I ordered a rump steak well well done and a mix grill with the steak being med rear for my friend.
The bar assistant got the order mixed up and my rump steak was med rear and the mix steak being well done, I understand human error.
I informed the waitress and she was really apologetic and said that she would rectify the steak.
The rump steak came out well done on the outside but really bloody in the middle, I called the waitress over explained the situation, again she was really apologetic , she offered me another steak, at this point my friend had already eaten his meal and I was put off eating anyway, she said that the manager would be over to talk to me.
My friend went to the bar and ordered more drinks, he also bought me a packet of crisps and nuts to try and substitute the meal I was suppose too have, the lady behind the bar said to my friend that instead of being reimbursed for the meal he could have the 2 drinks, crisp and nuts instead.
The manager had still not come over to apologise.
We drank the drinks, we got up and a lady came over as we were to exit the lamb and said 'sorry about the steak' , that is all she said.
i felt it was not an apology, it actually made me feel worse because it was not sincere, I would of preferred no apology.
I said ok.
What I would of liked was a sincere apology, reimbursed for my meal and a drink on the house as a good will gesture.
I feel really let down.

2 Thank Nicola H
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Lamb Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Nicola H

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Lamb Inn with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards