“A nice stop for afternoon tea”
Review of Little Coffee House and Bistro - CLOSED

Little Coffee House and Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Soups
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I often call in here for afternoon tea and cake, the decor is lovely and relaxing - country vintage (without the chintz!) and mis-matched wooden tables and chairs. The cakes are always fresh (try the carrot cake!) and tea is served with lovely vintage china.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I went into Littlehampton and went into the cafe and had a nice coffee and cake. Hopefully be visiting very soon

Reviewed 16 March 2014

What a nice surprise to find this little bistro, very friendly, spotless and clean, cute decor.
I had a lovely table by the window to people watch while enjoying my coffee and pancakes.

The menu was varied and interesting and the homemade cakes on the counter looked amazing, so much so I had one to take away!

I also noticed that they were liscensed so I will return to try out their lunch menu on my next visit to Littlehampton and enjoy a cheeky glass of their houses wine.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Walking around littlehampton deciding where to eat with the wife and two kids. Finally decide to walk into the little coffee house as it it faired well on trip advisor. We walked in and sat down at a table in view of the till area. We spent 10-15 mins deciding what to order, you know what kids are like....I went over to order the food at the till at 1:20, only to be told that what we wanted to order was too late as the kitchen was started to be cleaned and they were closing at 2. We could order sandwiches though.... I wasn't happy with this response as they could have walked over to us and explained this whilst we were obviously running through the menu. So customer service wasn't very good, ideally they should have taken the order and maybe cleaned up 30 mins later than normal. They lost out on at least £30. We walked around the corner to wimpy where we sat down and ordered what we wanted to off the menu with a polite response .

1  Thank Jonboy197340
Alan W, Owner at Little Coffee House and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

I was disappointed to read this review. There was no excuse for this; if customers are handed menus they should be told at the time if anything is unavailable rather than make choices and be told subsequently. On this occasion however, at 1.20 on a Sunday, the full menu should have been available. I'm sorry our standard of service on this occasion was below what we try to give and that potential customers were disappointed. I have wrtten to the reviewer and asked him to contasct me so that we can offer the chance to make amends.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We popped in here because it looked clean and tidy.Had nice cappaciono coffees.We didn't eat but must say that the cakes on display looked nice,as did the food being served up around us.A nice touch was having sugar tongues to pick up mixed sugar lumps from bowls,instead of tea spoon in bowl which we have seen before.