“Amazing food at the boat house” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Boathouse - CLOSED

The Boathouse
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Amazing food at the boat house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have come here many times and the food has never let us down. They have improved their menu and made the food more healthy. The staff are friendly and have new smart uniforms, with a 1950 feel. I recommend the galley special and all of the milkshakes. Can't wait to have another flavoursum breakfast at the boat house.

Vix W, Owner at The Boathouse, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank-you kindly for your review, please come back and try more of our food- if you are passing we have some vouchers for a special deal which we would like to give to you. Thanks again from The Boat House family.

London, United Kingdom
“ANOTHER GOOD CATCH OFF THE BEATEN ROAD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Whilst visiting friends in Climping we decided to go to lunch .The sun was in full bloom so they decided to take us to The Boat House what a lovely surprise beside the river ,outside decking for Me to find next time I will set the sat-nav.well worth it.
As previous reviewers say the Fish n Chips with homemade Mayonnaise .was superb and that was the favourite over the various "Bubble n Squeak " dishes on the new menu .
Nothing better a nice meal a glass of beer next to the river on a sunny day with friends off the beaten track.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vix W, Owner at The Boathouse, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank-you so kindly for your review. This was so helpful and really appreciated. Please pop by if passing and pick up a voucher. Thanks again from Vix and the Boat House Team
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Return Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Well, This is one of the places that I will actually go out of my way to revisit, The New Owner has introduced New Menus since I last ate there & have even started to Stay Open later into the early Evening on occasions introduceing such themes as 'Fish n Chip Friday's' & 'Italian Nights ' I'm told.
I found the Standards of Awareness,Service & Food matched my previous visits So Consistency is very evident.

Well done Gang. & a Thumbs up from me.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vix W, Owner at The Boathouse, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you so kindly for you feedback- we would like to offer you 10%off your next bill.
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Fish And Chips!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The bestest fish and chips I've had in a while. I go to the boat house regularly and always experience super service and fabulous food however thought it was a shame that the cafe itself didn't open in the evenings. However.... the cafe has now been taken over and the fab new owner informed me recently of night events such as Friday Fish And Chip night, Italian night, curry night...! The fish and chips were great value for money, the fish was huge and most definitely one of the BEST fish and chips I've EVER had!the surroundings and setting was as always wonderful, a must for anyone who hasn't been x

Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Awesome food ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the boat house on thursday 10th july and all I can say is the food was great. It was fresh and promptly served. Great value for money. The kitchen is open to a point and from what I could see the chef who was on his own at a busy period seemed to be in complete control and the hygiene was first class.
Definitely will be returning.
I emplore all to visit the boat house.