“Three of a kind...”

Chopsticks
Ranked #27 of 95 Restaurants in Littlehampton
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Situated in Littlehampton’s Beach road with ample parking – right outside, if you are a lucky parker, or in either of the nearby car parks which are free after six o’clock. A cool, quiet interior, with an unobtrusive takeaway section situated close to the door, and a warm greeting from the staff, promised a pleasant dining experience. I have eaten here before and had one of their excellent budget basic lunchtime menus which resulted in more money being spent on alcohol than on the food itself which was a bit defeating as frugality was the aim of the exercise. As at lunchtime the service was good, the staff were swiftly on hand with prawn crackers and to take a drinks order. There were three of us and, as is our practice when eating Chinese or Thai, we ordered several starters and had four main dishes plonked in the centre of the table for sharing. All four starters were excellent – the veggie spring rolls could have used a little more filling - and two of the mains, the spare ribs and beef dish were a delight the crispy Peking duck was ok but not too keen on the Wandering Dragon dish (I could not really lock down the flavour on that one). As I had saved my Weightwatchers points for the week, I finished the meal with my particular favourite, banana fritters with golden syrup. Of the whole meal I had only one real niggle, not shared by my companions, and it was that the food was not piping hot enough for my taste even though rapidly served and placed upon table heaters. We cleared a jug of iced tap water and two bottles of a very drinkable house red and asked for the bill. Not bad at all at twenty seven quid each including the tip. Three happy chappies made their way home feeling quite pleased with themselves. We shall return!

1  Thank ChrisAdamSmith