“What an amazing place to stay.”
Review of Arun Sands

Arun Sands
Ranked #8 of 15 Littlehampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife Sharon and I stayed here on Tuesday evening for a quiet, romantic getaway. Due to the Littlehampton Arts Festival we were lucky to find Any accommodation and found the Arun Sands, we consider ourselves fared to have stayed there. The room was amazing, beautiful views, very spacious with a beautiful en suite and a very comfortable bed. Richard and Marina the owners were charming and so attentive and helpful. The Arun Sands is situated perfectly to stroll along the River and enjoy the many restaurants and cocktail bars nearby. It is such a beautiful place, and made our short stay in Littlehampton so memorable. We will be definitely be returning soon. My wife is besotted with the location and the Hotel. The breakfast was absolutely delicious too! We parked directly outside the Hotel and found everything to be idyllic. We cannot recommend Arun Sands highly enough.

Room Tip: We were shown two rooms and honestly, could not fault either, so quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark E

Reviewed 23 July 2014

After reading reviews and the website I was disappointed. To begin with the parking facilities that I asked about were non existent. I had to park in a disabled bay which I was assured belonged to the establishment. Then I was kept waiting in a small hall that smelled of stale flowers while a confirmation was looked for. I could have told the lady that she had not sent one.

She then asked for payment in advance and told me that it would be extra to pay by credit card. When I asked about the price it was higher than quoted over the phone. When I queried this she told me that breakfast was extra!! What type of B&B does not include breakfast in the price?

my room was at the top of the house and was adequate although the top sheet had two dirty marks and the bottom sheet had a number of long hairs on it. Frankly had I not been so tired, I would have walked out.

Breakfast was the most meagre that I have eve been served. One fried egg, one sausage, half a tomato, reasonable portion of mushrooms and no baked beans.

There must be better places to stay in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ater42
Richard S, Owner at Arun Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

There is on street parking at our guest house and a car park across the road which is free from 6pm to 8am, sometimes we may have a parking space available at our private garage. At the time of booking over the phone or from the street we offer a room only option which is £5 cheaper. Our policies do state there is a 2% transaction charge for credit cards and payment is required upon arrival. For breakfast we offer a full English, cereals, yogurts, toasts, tea and coffee and fresh fruit is also available, we have a Visit England award for our breakfasts.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed for one night prior to Goodwood Festival of Speed. Very convenient location, in sight of seafront and with good parking either outside or close by.
The guesthouse is immaculate and the hosts extremely welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was superb, we'll cooked and plentiful.
We stayed in the Lavender room which was a little 'cosy' but the bed was very comfortable. The en-suite was clean and we'll stocked with goodies but would be very tight for the larger person.
Overall a very nice guesthouse with lovely hosts.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SkyeBlues
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I found this accomodation purely by chance on a sudden impulse to stay the night in Littlehampton,and how lucky were we!! the owners,Richard & Marina were the perfect host & hostess, so much so that when we came to leave the next day it was as if we had known them
for ages.The rooms had so many personal touches that it made you feel relaxed from the moment you arrived. The breakfast was 1st rate,with a of wide choice of english/continental.
My wife & I will definitely book again for a much longer stay next time.

1  Thank 52SidL
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for his birthday last July and we had the best stay. Our room was super clean and the views from the room were lovely. The little pond/lake right outside and the sea in the distance, beautiful. The room itself was on the top floor and had a beautiful little bed with a day bed also. Bathroom was great with a really nice shower. The owners Richard and Marina were so welcoming. They gave us recommendations for places to eat dinner and cooked us probably the best breakfast we have ever had. We will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Hema R
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Loved staying at the Arun Sands, is really friendly, helpful and makes you feel so welcome that you almost feel you're staying at home!
Right by the beach and in walking distance of everything, would definitely come back here - and stay in room 4 - the room and the views are amazing!

Room Tip: Room 4 is a beautiful room for couples, very spacious and has a great view too.
1  Thank 807Vivienne
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Right opposite the beach and just a short stroll from shops, cafes, restaurants (there's a great tea room right next door and a Harvester across the road) and the harbour, The Arun Sands couldn't be better located for enjoying Littlehampton. It's a lovely little guest house with thoughtfully-equipped rooms and excellent hospitality from the owner, Marina. Breakfast is superb. We were in a room at the back which, unfortunately, caught a lot of noise from the pub down the road and some rather boisterous neighbours, but that didn't affect our stay too much and we will definitely be back. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: room on the front has a balcony
1  Thank Leacroft
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littlehampton
Travelodge Littlehampton Rustington
#3 of 15 in Littlehampton
Regency Rooms
Regency Rooms
#1 of 15 in Littlehampton

Been to Arun Sands? Share your experiences!