“Great service friendly staff”
Review of Silk Road Restaurant - CLOSED

Silk Road Restaurant
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Turkish Mediterranean 80-seater Restaurant in West sussex with flamboyant and theatrical decor, authentically prepared cuisine and a weekly programme of live entertainment including belly dancers, dj hosted party nights, Latin, acoustic, and gypsy jazz as well as funky soul bands, table magicians etc.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Such friendly staff, made us feel very welcome, the food was excellent, lovely flavours, my husband opted for the beef stroganoff , which he said was amazing, my lamb dish was super too, full of flavour , as we are local we will visit again soon ,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Was in this restaurant about 3 times,always good atmosphere, very testy food and grate entertainment at weekends,like a belly dancers or bands singing.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Was recommended this restaurant by a local business owner, hadn't heard much about it locally before then. Four of us went on a Saturday night recently, found the restaurant was quiet for a weekend. However the service we received was first class, very attentive indeed. The menu was exciting and full of different dishes that I had never tried before. The food was superb and I found the right size portion to enable you to enjoy all three courses which was perfect as I wanted to try as much as possible, the dessert was gorgeous and would visit again just for that! We will definitely be going again as lots more I want to sample. Would recommend this friendly restaurant to anybody looking for delicious food with great ambiance and service.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

First time. The restaurant was very quiet, mid week evening. However the food was superb. An eclectic choice of food styles from the mediterranean basin. Each dish was designed to tempt and intrigue. Having been born in the Middle East, this was an epicurian journey down memory lane. Dont expect raging curries or monosodium glutomate flavour fests. The food here is subtle with genuine tastes of the orient. The food is redolent of some of the finest oriental style restaurants that years ago could be found in London, The Omar Khyam for one.
Sadly there were few wines fom the region. This is due to the fact that they are imported in such small quantity as to be prohibitively expensive. This said good alternatives were available at sensible prices. If this restaurant were in London, Manchester or Brighton it would full every night. The decor, ambiance, quality of service and food are excellent.

If you are seeking fast food forget it, go to McDonalds or kebab house. This is a dining experience that delivers great and lasting pleasure to the palate and soul. Thank you, We shall return and we shall bring friends who will appreciate the delightful facets of this hidden gem.

SRRestaurant, Owner at Silk Road Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Hamish, thank you so much for your raving review - brought a tear to my eye!! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your evening and it was great meeting and chatting to you too. I have tried to email you with some future events, but it has come back. Perhaps you could phone me with a different email address. There is something coming up which I think you would absolutely love. I really look forward to seeing you both again very soon, all the best, teresa

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Tucked away down a side street in LA the Silk Road is one of the best places to eat. A superb range of turk/med food, hot and spicy or warm and comforting - anything to suit your palate really. Hosts are amazing and will leave you in peace if you want a romantic supper but if you're up for entertainment you're in for a treat - the atmosphere is great. A special little gem.

2  Thank To-Rome-or-To-Rome

Thank you so much for your great review. I only wish I knew who you were so that I could thank you in person. I am pleased to see that you have really understood the whole concept and i hope you make many return visits to see us, all the best for now, teresa