“27 years so must be good”
Review of Vardar

Vardar
Ranked #14 of 96 Restaurants in Littlehampton
Price range: US$21 - US$31
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Rustington, United Kingdom
“27 years so must be good”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

following on from Mr Smith review, I have been going to the Vardar for 27+ years
We have celebrated EVERY big occasion there! They treat you as friends and all the family are lovely and front of house son in law is faultless!

I have been lucky in life to have travel the world and dined in many high class places including Michelin star I am not a great meat eater and normally have fish but the steak at the Vardar is the ONLY place I will order steak, ,all the steaks are melt in the mouth Peter the chef/owner has the magic touch. Really can't fault the place YES! just a bit old fashioned but hey if it isn't broke don't fix it, I've met people who like me have lived in LA for a very long time and have never heard of the "Vardar" they really don't know what their missing and on their door step as well.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank carolinegreaves

Littlehampton, England, United Kingdom
“Familiarity feeds contentment...”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

If you enjoy good food, like to sit and chat with friends while dining and, enjoy a certain familiarity with staff in comfortable surroundings then, when in LA, try The Vardar Restaurant.
(If you want noisy music and ultra modern surroundings then go somewhere else!) Been dining out there for years and never had a bad meal yet. The chef certainly knows his onions and if you choose a steak it will be cooked exactly as you asked, not near enough, but exactly! Friendly, efficient front of house staff make you feel comfortable and the service is fine and the pricing reasonable. Some say the dining room is a little old fashioned, a bit like a hotel dining room maybe, but, so what? Me,I like a little old fashioned. Sunday lunch is excellent but you will have to book as it is very popular. Oh, and on a still summer's evening sitting outside for a barbecue or in late spring when the garden doors are open, you can hear the high tide waves breaking on the pebble beach which is only a bow shot away. A bit romantic that...

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank ChrisAdamSmith
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

I would like to respond to a recent review left about the Vardar Restaurant on 27 December. As a regular customer I find the review disappointing and unfair.
No member of staff would ever tell a customer to sit down and be quiet because if they did that they would have no business. They fully respect and value all their customers.
With regards to the atmosphere, the parties themselves make the atmosphere. Customers get up and dance themselves.
I think it's the best restaurant in town with a lovely family atmosphere.

2 Thank Berta59
West Sussex
“Bad Service”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I recently attended my companies Christmas party at the Vardar in a group of 45. Last year was excellent with a real party atmosphere and everyone had a great time, but this year was certainly not as good. The actual food was good, but the service was awful. A couple of the waitresses were in fact rather rude to some of the guests. All the meals had been pre ordered, but there was a lot of confusion and some guests did not get what they ordered, and had to have what was left. When some asked for extra veg they were told they could not have them, some said they did not want the sprouts but were told they had to have the veg as it came, and when someone asked for tea instead of coffee the waitress said "I suppose I can make you one", someone was told to "sit down and be quiet" when they said they never got their correct pudding!
Later in the evening the disco came on, which was not good so hardly anyone danced and as people were still sitting at their tables the waitresses were clearing and setting for the next day. Some even had their drinks taken away before they finished them. All in all not good service at all. This place has been in business since the mid 1970's and has always given excellent service, so I am not sure what is going on, although I was told that the business has been sold, but who knows I just hope they take note and the waitresses attitudes improve.The view at work as that we will be going somewhere else next year.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank FarsonLA
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We had our annual Xmas Dinner at this restaurant last Wednesday and I cannot tell you how disappointed my husband and I were. We were in a group of 19 and we are all pensioners and paid £25 a head for a 3 course meal. On the face of it this is not a huge amount but I am afraid the standard of the food was mediocre to say the least. My duck was so tough I could not cut it and ended up giving it to a lady who has a dog, in fact she collected many discarded meats for her animal. All those who ordered the duck, apart from one, thought the same and others who had ordered different meals also expressed their disappointment. We were all sandwiched together on a long table and the waitresses had problems serving as we were too close to the wall. All in all not what we expected and we should have complained at the time but were loathe to do so as we did not wish to spoil the evening for everyone else. I think we will choose somewhere else for our Xmas dinner next year.

• Visited December 2012