“Birthday Meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

You better be starving when you eat in this restaurant, cos the portions are huge.
2 of our party are the beef with peppercorn sauce with wild mushrooms,1 had the roast chicken with roast potatoes,and 4 vegs,and myself had Singapore noodles with 5 huge kingprawn,done in a lush mango sauce,with Chinese vegs.
The puddings were huge too,sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce, I had chocolate brownie sundae,with 2 different icecreams,and clotted cream.
The view is to die for,wether you are eating inside or outside,the river,runs pass the window.into the sea

1  Thank whitespirit13

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We went to the Arun View for my birthday and had a table by the window overlooking the river.We got there early evening to avoid the rush.The waitresses were pleasant the food was good and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Arun View is the best pub in Littlehampton, food and service is great and seating on the fly deck where you can watch the river going in or out, also depending on the time of year the boats both private and fishing boat going about there business is second to none. I am sorry that the chicken and goats cheese salad has been taken from the menu.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have often dined at Arun View, the food has always been of the highest quality and is also reasonably priced. We invariably take friends with us (today there was seven of us) and the service arrived together, piping hot. The staff are well presented, and polite, and they serve the best, freshest and largest skate in West Sussex (my fav).

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Okay, let's begin with those fully carpeted ladies toilets. How on earth is it possible to properly clean toilets that are being constantly used by the public when they are surrounded by carpet, and I don't just mean in the wash basin area, I mean in the stalls themselves?

Now to the rest of the meal. We went to the Arun with two friends for a lunch time meal. We had previously booked as we had heard that this place gets very busy, which was true. All four of us decided to have fish and chips. There was a choice of battered or grilled, so we ordered two cod in batter, one plaice in batter and one grilled plaice. Not a complicated order really.

When the meal was delivered by a different member of staff, we had two cod in batter, one plaice in batter and "one grilled cod". "Er excuse me but I ordered grilled plaice not cod". The three other meals we're put down and off went my dinner. Of course the others had to start because their food would get cold. But then they had to wait because no one asked if they wanted sauces, or vinegar. In the end we had to flag down the original waitress and ask for them.

I had to wait for well over 8 minutes, and ask at least twice, if my meal was ever going to arrive! Finally, the original waitress who took the order arrived with my meal and plonked it down on the table, not a word of apology! I know order mistakes can occur but it's how they are dealt with that matters. All of our food should have been returned to the kitchens and kept under lamps until the whole order could be served, plus a "sorry about that" goes a long way.

Now back to those toilets....my husband confirmed that the gents didn't have carpets, which was fortunate because the floor was awash with, hopefully, just water. Puddles everywhere. Maybe that's why there's no carpets!

Was the food okay? Yes, it was nice enough, nothing special though. Was the service good? No, the place was busy and clearly the staff were struggling to keep up. Would we go back...sorry...no thank you.

1  Thank Jean-in-Spain