“Gorgeous food and surroundings”

Bailiffscourt Hotel & Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Bailiffscourt Hotel & Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 95 Restaurants in Littlehampton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Felpham, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food and surroundings”
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed.

The hotel chain runs weekday lunchtime set menu promotions almost continually and its a great way of trying some really special food at a very good price (currently £10.95 for 2 courses with a choice of about 4 dishes for each course - a 3rd course can be added for a small surcharge). Portions are small, but this is the same on the A La Carte menu and this is food to be tasted and savoured so by the end of the meal you feel like you have had just enough - not bloated to the gills!

Food is normally sourced locally with excellent fish and meat. The menu is always seasonal and I would describe it as classic English with a twist. The winelist is comprehensive and features many good English wines as well as others from around the globe

On one occasion we took my mum for Sunday Lunch there and it was £27.50 a head - very expensive for a Sunday Lunch but it was three courses of perfection. The presentation was stunning, the food delicious and when our chosen bottle of wine was unavailable we were offered a more expensive bottle for the same price. Also as I mentioned it was my mothers birthday, a beautiful chocolate birthday cake was produced in place of desert at no extra cost.
Service is calm and confident - no irritating hovering or constantly asking if everything is ok. Any requests for assistance are instantly met with minimum fuss.

If you have never visited Baiiffscourt, I really would urge you to visit some time - the building is stunning, it looks like a mediaeval mansion even though it was only built less than 100 years ago. The key to this is it was built using stone reclaimed from derelict mediaeval buildings and looks totally authentic (well to my eyes, anyway!)
Lunch on a sunny day in the enclosed courtyard is my idea of absolute heaven although the inside dining rooms are also gorgeous and atmospheric.

A final point I would like to make is that the restaurant has always been incredibly accommodating with children. The kids menu is simpler than the adults menu (watch out if you're doing a set lunch though - the kids menu is almost as expensive) so you dont need to worry if your child wont eat beetroot or scallops, for example, but all the items on it are freshly cooked from scratch and well balanced so your offspring wont be left with just a plate of fried processed carbs, which is often the case in restaurants..

Baillifscourt can seem grand - people often fly in by helicopter for lunch and some of the cars in the carpark are worth more than my house - but I have never found it to be stuffy or snooty. I would recommend it as a great place to impress someone, whether that be for work or pleasure. It's always first on my list when we have guests not familiar with the area.