South Lodge Hotel
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Orbitz.com
1,745 results
All reviewscamellia restaurantsouth downspass restaurantjunior suiteafternoon teapillow menuspecial occasioncakebeautiful hotelfirst classsandwicheswalk in showertake homewine cellardrawing roomout of this worldhuge bathroom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I Stayed at the South Lodge Hotel for 1 night and I didn't want to leave the room. The room was very spacious, the bed was lovely! They had a pillow menu if the ones on the bed was to soft for your likings. They do have room service but it is not included in the price. The evening meal was lovely. Some elements of the meal was not to my taste but overall it was really nice. If they have salmon make sure that you order it. (I would've had another one if I could have)

The Staff at the hotel is Wonderful! I cannot praise them enough, They made my stay that extra special from check - in to check out. They were always ready and waiting to answer your queries.

To conclude I would come and stay again as a lovely treat to myself.

Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
MarkSurguy, Manager at South Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Taasha2013,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your stay. I am delighted the stay exceeded your expectations.

Your bedroom sounds magnificent. I can completely understand why you wouldn’t want to leave it! It is always very special for the team here to be recognised for a job well done. The team will be delighted to receive your feedback.

It would be a pleasure for the team and I to welcome you again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here as part of a wedding party but we liked the place so much we are planning to return.

I stay in a lot of hotels in the course of my job so I'm used to the 'through gritted teeth' welcome that is often given but there was no sign of that here. We were checked in and shown to our room by a delightful chap who made us feel very welcome.

The room was a very good size, comfortable and airy. The bathroom was also a good size and had a great shower. The tea and coffee selection was good but having stayed for 2 nights it would have been nice if the biscuits had been replenished when the room was cleaned.

We both particularly liked the 'do not disturb' signs they use here, they're cuddly sheep called Minty. If you don't want to be disturbed you leave Minty outside your door. We were pleased to find that they sell Mintys so we bought one to take home.

Breakfast was very good, perhaps the portions were a bit small but the food was tasty and well cooked. Nice to see some black pudding too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul E,

Thank you so much for describing your stay as ‘wonderful’.

Our guest’s arrival is so important to us as we not our guests to feel instantly at home, confident they have made the right choice in staying with us. Your bedroom sounds delightful, as does breakfast and the wedding celebrations.

It is lovely to read you will be returning and with that in mind we all very much look forward to seeing you again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

South Lodge (Exclusive Hotels) has a little star by the name of Natalia Phillips.
Natalia is a Tea Semlier at South Lodge Hotel in Lower Beeding West Sussex.
On May 29th a lovely group of ladies from The Mid Sussex Breast Cancer Support Group based in Cuckfield West Sussex were invited to join Natalia for a 'Tea for Me' afternoon set in the beautiful Chartwell Suite over looking the stunning South Lodge grounds.
The setting was perfect, the presentation 5***** as Natalia shared her unbelievable knowledge of tea tasting.
She took us on a journey through the history of tea, the different qualities and benefits of certain teas through to the health and well-being varieties of tea infusions; in particular those teas most beneficial in helping with the side effects common in the treatment of chemotherapy.
Natalia knowledge knows no bounds, she shared with the group her amazing recipes, tips and ideas along with providing the group with various teas to taste ending the afternoon with a wonderful South Lodge Afternoon Tea to accompany the array of teas on offer.
We all left with a wealth of tea knowledge and a lovely gift bag containing recipes, tea samples and very useful tea supplier details which Natalia had put together for each guest.
The Mid Sussex Breast Cancer Group would like to highly recommend 'Tea for Me' with Natalia.
A unique presentation for any of the following groups/organizations:
Corporate Groups
Health & Well Being Organisations
Charity Days
Mums Net
Yoga Groups
and other associations looking for something totally inspiring and unique.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear shazb79,

Thank for you your fantastic review.

Having shared your comments with Natalia she is thrilled to hear of your lovely words. Natalia put so much effort into the event it means a lot to her that it was so well received.

Tea is such an interesting subject, and we are all delighted to have Natalia as our tea sommelier to take our guests through our many teas. You will have to pop in again to enjoy afternoon tea on our terrace or in one of our lovely public rooms.

All the best,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have stayed at South Lodge several times on business. Food is great, comfy rooms and great service too. I hope to actually go and stay there for pleasure, as I'm sure I will appreciate the beautiful surroundings and service much more :-)

Room Tip: All rooms are good but some have been refurbished, so try for one of those!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
MarkSurguy, Manager at South Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Mark S,

Thank you for your kind words.

It is delightful you find the food, bedrooms and service to be top class when you stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to your Sussex home, perhaps next time as a leisure guest!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I arranged a surprise stay for myself and my girlfriend to celebrate our 1st anniversary. I booked the Godman suite. A wonderful suit very very luxurious furnishings and wonderful comfy bed, we both had one of our best nights sleeps and didn't want to wake up. The hot tub was he icing on the cake.
We also booked afternoon tea, it was wonderful! Really really tasty an infinite supply of sandwiches and other treats. The tea was free flowing with loads of different taste sensations I had the Assam and the chocolate my partner had the white apricot.
During afternoon tea I needed to check in but my girlfriend didn't know we were staying there that night. So I slipped away to the front desk and they happily obliged to get my bags from the car and move it into the room, they also checked where we were having afternoon tea so as not to take our luggage past us and give the game away. (It's thoughtful things like this that help make the stay 5*)
The staff didn't hesitate to help us at every opportunity and were very friendly and courteous. We wanted drinks outside on the patio by the garden, although there were no seats set up the staff happily made space for us and brought out our drinks. ( which were also delicious)
Thank-you south lodge hotel it was a beautiful stay and I have already recommended you to my friends and hope to stay with you in the future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Guynevard

Dear Guynevard,

Happy anniversary and thank you for celebrating at South Lodge!

I am pleased the Godman Suite exceeded your expectations. With its very own balcony and hot tub it is the perfect room for a very special romantic evening.

What perhaps is the most pleasing aspect of your stay in your kind words about our team. We all go the extra mile to deliver memorable experiences to our guests so for you to recognise this means a lot to us all.

It would be a pleasure to see you again before too long.

Warmest regards,