South Lodge has 89 rooms and two restaurants, yet we were made to feel that the whole place was just for us! Our room, with a view of the South Downs, was immaculate with probably the most comfortable hotel bed we have ever slept in - and there is a pillow menu to cater for every taste. Dinner in the Camellia restaurant was a treat, featuring top-notch, modern British cooking with local ingredients, and the breakfast was marvellous. The tea room is cosy and old-fashioned; the bar is elegant and stylish; and there is an amazing cellar with a kind of wine juke-box where you can try glasses from 16 different bottles.
There is a sense of tranquility from the moment you arrive. There is elegance, refinement, luxury and calm, but above all there is outstanding service from very well-trained staff, who seem to be there just when you need them, and who seem pleased to help. Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the Gold Award for 'Large Hotel of the Year' at the Beautiful South Awards 2015, South Lodge is less than an hour from Central London and nestles amongst 93 acres of stunning woodland and parkland. A magnificent, former family country house - it's the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst indulging yourself with fine wine, gourmet food and unbeatable horizons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your South Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Hotel Lower Beeding
- South Lodge Hotel West Sussex/Lower Beeding