Cisswood House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lower Beeding
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently attended a wedding reception with my husband only last saturday. The wedding breakfast was very nice, atmosphere was good and drinks reasonably priced. Staff were very polite. The ladies toilets were clean and tidy. We did think of staying here but the price was too much. Even with discount it was £140 / night. Nicecwedding venue though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hayles1982
Vikki M, General Manager at Cisswood House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest

I am pleased you enjoyed yourself at a recent wedding reception and hope you will return to the hotel in the future for another visit.

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned from another great overnight stay at this wonderful hotel. We have been coming here for years On my way! and every time we stay we always feel relaxed. Beautiful hotel in a great location, only 20 - 25 minutes from Brighton and 10 minutes from Horsham.
We went there for our 20th wedding anniversary and as always we were made to feel very welcome. We sat down and enjoyed a cream tea, which was as lovely as always, then we relaxed in our oversized room and relaxed. They have a great pool and sauna area as well as a gym, if that's what you want,
We went down for dinner and enjoyed a fantastic 3 course meal, which was gorgeous. After dinner we strolled around the grounds, headed to the bar and then retired to our room. The following morning we sat down to a wonderfully cooked breakfast.
I would like to thank the staff for making our stay memorable, and we will be back

Room Tip: If you want relaxation then this is for you, try not to get a room above the gym as it can be a bit...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent stay.
I know the team will be very pleased to read your comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our daughter chose this hotel as the venue for her wedding and was not dissapointed. We cannot praise the staff enough for their care and attention both on the day and the many months leading up to it. The hotel is oldy worldy and extremely romantic. The food and accomodation were both excellent and gave our daughter a day that she will never forget.

Room Tip: The suites provide a good level of space and comfort
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Vikki M, General Manager at Cisswood House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2014

Dear Richie H281

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travellers on tripadvisor.
My Team were also delighted to read such positive comments about their customer service, here at Cisswood House we strive to go the extra mile for our guests.

With reference to your comments about the chemicals we use within our leisure facility, I will ensure I discuss this with my Leisure club manager to see if there is something we can do to address this going forward so you are able to make full use of the facilities on your next visit!

Many thanks again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed in room 27 - so try and avoid, there is a private room for staff next door and staff regularly use it unfortunately they seem to slam the door shut as they go in and out which echoes and vibrates in room 27. You can't even drown the noise out by watching TV as the signal is either poor or none so watching anything is intermittent. So thought I would use the free wifi to use my iPad but the wifi is also poor or none! No phone signal unless you are in the dining room.
The room had cobwebs on the ceiling which were quite noticeable so was surprised they were missed. The bathroom had mens stubble hair up the tiles! There was also a lot of damp/mould on the bathroom ceiling. The room could do with coat of paint as there was quite a few marks on the wall, also a handle was missing on the wardrobe and the wood surrounding the wardrobe was also loose.
The pillows were a little hard and woke during the night with neck ache. I was hoping to have a lay in but got woken just before 7.30am by a lorry reversing hazard going off right under my window and then had the laundry bins wheeled noisily loaded on/off the lorry!
The swimming pool and female changing rooms were very nice.
Had duck for my evening meal which tasted nice but needed to ask for a steak knife as it was hard to cut and a little chewy.
All the staff were pleasant and polite.
I was there on business trip so work paid for it, if I had to pay I would stay else where.

Room Tip: Try and avoid room 27.
2  Thank Antoinette2323

Dear Guest

I was disappointed to read your comments and please be assured they were addressed with my Housekeeper and her team when your review was posted.

I am sorry you had difficulty with the wifi and TV had you made us aware at the time we could have investigated this for you. We do unfortunately have a poor mobile signal in the area due to the rural location of the hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meal and thank you for your kind comments about my team.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed a few times now in this hotel when working in the area. It has some idiosyncratic charm. The walk to some of the rooms can be lengthy and somewhat of a maze. The rooms I've stayed in have been well equipped and nice.
Food and service in the restaurant was good as was breakfast. The last time I stayed housekeeping hadn't refreshed the teas and coffees and the desk was not clean but oddly the rest of the room was impeccable.
Overall I like this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visits to the Hotel, as I said in the previous review response comments from our regular guests are greatly appreciated.

I have ensured my housekeeper has addressed your comment with her team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for work for a number of years, I feel the need to do a review, the staff, rooms and meeting rooms are great, fabulous warm welcome and service, food lovely, room lovely (especially as I had a four poster bedroom).

Also the lack of signal on my cell was rather nice too, a quick walk down the car park sorts that out mind you.

All in all a lovely, pretty hotel, the food is very good too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review Cisswood House Hotel, and as a regular guest it is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the future and hope you continue to enjoy your stays with us.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed at Cisswood House via a Living Social deal voucher. The hotel is OK but in need of some re decorating in parts. My wife is wheelchair bound and although there is a disable parking bay, there is no wheelchair slope into the hotel itself! As there is no lift in the hotel we asked for a ground floor room which we got (no 42) which was miles from the reception area and via many narrow corridors and doorways and totally not wheelchair friendly!

The room itself was ok and in the newer part of the hotel. However, the TV was situated in a large cupboard and quite high up for watching in bed and you had to leave the double doors open to watch it which was a problem if you wanted to get in the wardrobe next to it. It would make a lot of sense to a/ take the doors off & b/ to lower the shelf somewhat for better TV viewing.

The spa pool area is small but OK, but to be honest, it is not good enough to make us go back again to the hotel. We had dinner in the hotel on 1 night which was good but slow at times. For starters we had the crispy duck mouli and the Caesar salad both of which were tasty. For mains I had steak "rare" and I have to say it was and very enjoyable as well. My wife had the Confit of salmon which was good but the pea risotto was very disappointing.

While at the hotel, we both had treatments as part of our package. The treatment areas are a bit small and squeezed in but OK, but the treatments themselves were good and very relaxing.

I think we might go back again, but only if it was part of a Living Social package as I would not pay full price as there is better out there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us but I am sorry you found the building was not 'wheelchair friendly'.

As I am sure you can appreciate being an old building that has been modified several times over the years from a country house to a Hotel strategically there is very little we are physically able to do with the building such as putting in lifts and reducing the amount of corridors we have.

However I do have some ground floor rooms that are more accessible, have wet rooms and the appropriate hand rails within the bathrooms and external ramps and doors direct from the car park and had we been made aware that you required a room with wheelchair access not just ground floor we would have gladly allocated one of these rooms for you.

I am sorry you found the spa facilities were not enough to make you come back I am not sure what I can say here really as I am not sure what has deterred you from them. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your treatments and they left you relaxed!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel and please do mention you need a room with wheelchair access and we will ensure you are allocated one of the rooms I have mentioned.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lower Beeding
Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa
Angmering Manor
Angmering Manor
#1 of 1 in Angmering

Been to Cisswood House? Share your experiences!