“Great food, lovely decor”
Review of The Angel Inn

The Angel Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Petworth
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The inn has medieval origins and is a few paces from the centre of Petworth. With a relaxed atmosphere throughout, its unspoilt bar features ships beams, wooden and slate floors, stone walls and 3 fireplaces, one of which is used to spit-roast joints of meat. On fine days the walled garden is a peaceful suntrap. With a choice of local real ales served by hand pump or directly from the barrel and an extensive wine list we cater to all tastes. We are serious about our food and ingredients are locally sourced where possible; much of our fish is landed at Littlehampton, the Sussex Downs provide our lamb, along with most of the vegetables that we serve. The seasonal menu is changed four times a year, supplemented by a fortnightly menu with daily chef’s specials to provide a comprehensive choice for the most discerning diner. A warm welcome awaits you.The inn is recognised by The Good Beer Guide, The Good Pub Guide, Cask Marque and Great Country Pubs.
west sussex
“Great food, lovely decor”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I've been wanting to go to this pub for ages and it certainly lived up to expectations. Had a lovely meal with my husband - some of the best pub food we've had in a long while. Excellent, friendly service. Lovely, warm fire (shouldn't really have needed that in May, but we can't hold them responsible for the weather!). I had the crayfish and samphire omelette from the specials board to start with which was absolutely delicious and very different. My husband had the whitebait which were first class. I had the fish and chips which were the best I've ever had and my husband had the mussels which were equally good. Sadly we were too full for dessert. The Pinot Grigio was very nice but at £7 a glass a little on the pricey side - a bottle would have been better value of course but I didn't want to drink much. Very rustic decor - nice ambience. Will definitely return at the earliest opportunity!

• Visited May 2012

Petworth
“Hadn't been in a while”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Had the fish and chips last night which I know several of my friends have had and it always looked fantastic. And it was. The fish was out of this world, and some of the best batter ever. I usually don't eat the batter but this was too good not to. Glad to see it was as busy as ever. Roll on the good weather again so we can all get outside and enjoy the garden. That's when The Angel is at it's absolute best. Still rocking..................

• Visited May 2012
Fittleworth, United Kingdom
“Good honest food”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We had two meals in the Angel at Petworth.

The first trip was amazing and merits at least 7 stars. I can honestly say I had the best whitebait I've ever eaten. The service was friendly, prompt and efficient. Prices are reasonable and represent exceptionally good value for the money.

Two days later we returned and the whitebait was still good but not outstanding. The rest of the meal was way beyond the quality I expected for the price.

Highly recommended

• Visited April 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly atmosphere, lovely food, reasonable price”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I had a very pleasant meal here with some friends and family. Both the food and service was spot on, try the 'Hock of ham'! A reservation was necessary.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank paul_h0me
Pulborough, United Kingdom
“It's a very friendly restaurant.”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We are vegetarian, not many restaurants have such a choice!