“Dog friendly coffee stop”

Coco Cafe & Sugar Lounge
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Petworth
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Description: Cafe, chocolate & sweet shop. Wine & cocktail bar. Light meals & nibbles.
Reviewed 11 February 2014

one wet dog, one muddy biked out child and 2 caffeine seeking adults. Café Coco perfect answer. Good coffee with scones, jam and proper clotted cream, hot chocolate and staff happy to bag up small quantities of sweets for treats.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Such a lovely tea room, good service, friendly staff and a lovely menu.chocolates and cookies a real treat for children and adults alike.yum :)near to car park

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We've been a few times but this is our first review. Nice setting, a little limited on space but if you can get a seat fine. The cafe has quite a selection of sweets and chocolate for which the price paid is a lack if choice in cakes etc. the cafe might see a significant increase in sales if grey focused on the later.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Often drop by on a Monday afternoon with my husband for a cappuccino and a chilli hot chocolate. They are worth waiting for! Staff are helpful and take their time to make great drinks.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is a great location and someone has taken great care with the decor. On entry, you can see the gourmet sweets, etc.... It has limited seating, which varies from great sofa and chairs, or you can sit on basic, small chairs and tables... If you're lucky you get comfort.
So, what's on offer?
Well, coffee and hot chocolate....
But then the food is pretty limited.... You know there are sweets ... But what cake and pastries to enjoy with drinks..
I've tried it four times now, I suppose I want it to be right, the people behind counter seem nice, but slow slow slow.... Don't know ...
The first visit we got the sofa! Yay! Coffee is good.... And having offer of hot milk helped. And we tried flapjack... Meh..
The second time, it was quite busy... Choose chocolate croissants and sit down waiting for coffees... Eventually, one of the guys comes up, says sorry, croissants had already been sold. (! What! It was 11 am! No croissants left!) so we settle for flapjack (meh) another set of people came in and asked for croissants and were also disappointed.
Guys! People like croissants and pastries with coffee!
The third visit, I took my friend... We would have chosen Tiffins, but being Tuesday it was shut... So... We get the sofa! Yay! I ask for chocolate croissant, she makes the order and she asks for gluten free cake... Coffees arrive, cake arrives..... And we wait, and wait (it can be a bit slow, say I), but she goes to counter and they haven't registered the order (we repeated twice at time of order...sigh) but they were busily chatting to each other... My friend was unimpressed.
The last visit, we took our dog and she was allowed in.... That was a plus.. But we got cramped table in middle room.... boo... (cold milk with coffee... Meant it didn't stay hot) the service is so so slow.
So... Do I try a fifth time? I want to, but.... It's just not 'right' yet