Warm welcome, and very dog friendly.
Unfortunately the rib-eye steak served was rancid !! After they verified this was indeed the case, an apology was offered, but not a replacement. I could choose another meal from the menu, which I did, sausage and mash with gravy. I soon realized why my wife did not appear to be enjoying her meal of pie and mash either. The mashed potato had the very distinguishable taste and smell of having been stored too long in the refrigerator, and to us was inedible!!
Both incidents hardly indicate that a skilled chef was cooking here.
No payment was taken for the steak or sausage meal, but it spoiled our afternoon anyway.
We shall not return here, nor recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional and beautiful 17th century Inn, nestling on the edge of the South Downs national park and opposite Petworth House,provides the perfect place to stop for high quality locally sourced food, a renowned range of real ales and lovely accommodation facilities. Children and dog-friendly and fully accessible, we look forard to welcoming new and old friends alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your The Stonemasons Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonemasons Hotel Petworth
- The Stonemasons Inn Petworth, West Sussex