We live local to the stonemasons and i wanted to take my partner out for a meal, we walked in and the music was loud, sat down and before we ordered we asked if it could be turned down. The music kept being turned up and it was like being in a disco. The landlord had no respect at all. we both order our meal and Considering it was only 6.45pm you would expect them to have the items on the menu as it was very limited and there was only one other couple in the restaurant. The fish & chips we ended up ordering was very poor, it was like it had been re-cooked, nice big chips but so hard and the same with the batter. To top it off we had to push the boxer dog away from our table 3 times. We paid and left, be careful you don’t trip over the two dog bowls on the floor on the way out. If you were a contractor stay there and drinking at the bar you was ok. Thank god I can tell my friends to stay away. The young girl that served us was very nice. you been warned. this comment is very fair
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional and beautiful 17th century Inn, nestling on the edge of the South Downs national park and opposite Petworth House,provides the perfect place to stop for high quality locally sourced food, a renowned range of real ales and lovely accommodation facilities. Children and dog-friendly and fully accessible, we look forard to welcoming new and old friends alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Book Direct Rooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Stonemasons Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonemasons Hotel Petworth
- The Stonemasons Inn Petworth, West Sussex