“Lovely stay”
Review of Badgers B&B

Badgers B&B
Ranked #6 of 17 Petworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My sister in law and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of Apr. We had the rooms called Rother and Courtyard, both were very roomy and very different from each other. Both had Nesspresso m/c's as well as fresh milk in the fridge which also complimentary water and juice. The staff and landlady were very charming and helpful as soon as we arrived we were shown to our rooms. Dinner on both nights was excellant and not too expensive, the servings were more than adequate and you were asked aout the time you would like your breakfast served the following morning which was all cooked to order while you had the cereal of your choice. The 2 dogs and cats were adorable too, all liking a bit of fuss.

Room Tip: The Courtyard room was at the back of the pub and therefore less traffic noise from the road. The Co...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 February 2014

An overnight stay here, while attending a private function in nearby Petworth, was a very pleasant surprise. The charming landlady has thought of everything, her rooms are comfortable and well appointed, all the staff welcoming and friendly. Our room, the Rother, named after the river which runs by the property, was very clean and fitted with everything one could wish for. The bed was extremely comfortable, linens fresh and excellent quality, and the large spacious bathroom quite delightful. There was plenty of hot water and no problems with the pressure. Breakfast, served in a charming room, with attentive but well-trained dogs sitting by the warm, open fireside, felt like being in someone's home, not a pub. The food quality was excellent, coffee delicious and home-made preserves a nice touch. This is a lovely place to stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Each of the three rooms is quite individual. All are a good size and very well appointed with a Robe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

What an excellent pub and b&b. superb service from friendly staff and owner. Excellent room. Even had an espresso machine in your room. Food was excellent also. If you want a beautiful relaxing place to stay, this is it. On the river rother in West Sussex, surrounded by the wooded downs.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank phillipghunt
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed for one night when in the area on business. Welcomed by excellent staff and shown to my room. Fantastic room which had everything including a fridge, so real not uht milk!, Nespresso coffee machine and even a Robertson DAB radio. Lovely comfortable bed, huge bathroom with corner bath and walk in shower. Only snag with room was the shower pressure was very low and when I mentioned it later the staff already knew but had forgoten to tell me! Shame! Any way it was still sufficient to wash under so no problem in the end. I ate in the retaurant and the food service and choice of beers was excellent. There was a table of 6 near me who were making a little more noise than I wanted to put up with, I mentioned this to 1 of the waitresses and she was more than happy to move me to a quieter table round the corner. I was away to work early (3.00am) in the morning and requested a packed lunch instead of breakfast only to be asked at what time I would be finished. I said I would finish my first appointment by 10.00 and was told that my breakfast would be served in the dinning room at 10.00. I arrived for breakfast at 10.00 and had an excellent cooked brakfast, then spent the rest of the morning in the corner with a pot of tea while I worked and the owners got everything ready for lunch trade. I was never made to feal as though I should leave and was disapointed that I had a nother appointment to go to or I might still have been there now.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Neal T
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just minutes from Petworth House and the ancient village of Petworth, this cozy inn sits near the Coultershaw Bridge over the River Rother. Meals and drinks are served inside or out and the menu offers fresh seafood as well as more traditional fare. Our spacious room with an enormous bathroom but timid shower overlooked the back garden, a good location as the traffic is fierce on the highway side. Breakfast was one of the best we had, served with lightening speed. Badgers Inn is an ideal base from which to visit numerous National Trust Properties in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back to avoid highway noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becky S
Reviewed 21 July 2013

What a treat! We entered the Inn at about mid afternoon to quite a buzz, as soon as we announced ourselves we were welcomed given a key and shown to our room which was delightful as indeed all the rooms were. Country cottage style, comfortable beds, superb bathrooms, and really beautiful decor with all the little touches that often get forgotten.
We had tea and even though the chef was about to leave for the rest of the afternoon he stayed behind to get us tea and sandwiches. Having settled in, taken a trip around the local countryside, we returned for dinner to find a table had been provisionally booked for us should be return. the dinner was excellent, the Rib eye steak with trimmings which were equally excellent was mouthwatering, the should of lamb my husband had was certainly as good as my steak. Breakfast next morning was in the courtyard, full english if you wished or any variation. We returned in the evening with two friends for dinner, they chose the Lobster dish which contained masses of sea food and was a bargain at £40.00 for two people. Desserts were the sort to 'die for' and the wine list equally varied.
we will return without a doubt for such hospitality is very hard to find, the whole service staff at the Badgers are girls, the owner a lady and they work in a team which just flows and flows.
for us the two days were magic.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper do not choose the Mill room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank margaret h
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This old hotel has lots of character and a classy decor and ambience to match. Our room was charming with all the facilities you would expect. Our own Nespresso machine was a nice touch!
Our hostess, Jules, was very attentive and friendly and her staff made our stay and the meals we had there very satisfactory.
We would be happy to recommend this to others who want a base in the Sussex countryside with lots of attractions close by.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple