We had to take a 3 day break during a period of very wet and windy weather. Not the ideal time of year to venture out but our stay at the Halfway Bridge turned into a delight.
Room 6 had everything you could wish for in terms of comfort and style. Originally we thought that we would not bother to eat "in house" on all the 3 evenings, but after our first meal we changed our minds and looked forward to every day and what new joy it would bring us! The evening menu is quite wide ranging and there was always a new something on the Specials Board just to widen the choice. The staff all gave the impression that they enjoyed their work and wanted to ensure that nothing was ever too much trouble. The restaurant is split up into small cosy areas, so you do not feel that you are eating in a barn, which just adds to the impression that you are somewhere special.
It was noticeable that every evening there were "local" people either drinking at the bar, having a bar meal or in the reastaurant. Clearly if you live nearby, you know that this is the place to go to and are happy to visit on a cold, wet and windy January evening. That observation says everything necessary about the Halfway Bridge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cleverly styled mix of restful shades, contemporary furnishings and quirky original features, our suite's decadent bathroom even allows you to watch a movie while you soak! With emphasis on boutique detail and maximum comfort, cafetieres with our own house blend of coffee and locally produced organic toiletries are indulgent finishing touches. For those quiet nights in each room comes equipped with flat screen Freeview TV and CD players. Some rooms also contain DVD players and a small selection of complimentary DVDs is available. Exclusive booking of Cowdray Barns can be arranged for corporate use, wedding parties or artistic retreats. Please contact us for further details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Halfway Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halfway Bridge Hotel Petworth
- The Halfway Bridge Petworth, West Sussex