I booked to stay here last minute as due to be in the area for work. Not one for B&Bs I was a little anxious however the write ups on here gave a good review overall. When I arrived the booking site I used hadn't actually confirmed the room with the Halfway Bridge. This however was not made an issue by them and they swiftly took care of the situation. The lovely gentleman took my details and checked me into a room. He took me and my luggage over to the room and couldn't have been more helpful in showing me the rooms facilities and pointed out things like how to turn the towel rail on and off, the wifi, and where everything is. I settled in and then went over to the pub later in the evening. The manager was very helpful and was apologetic over the mix up, even though I hadn't mentioned anything. He seemed to know me and the situation. Being a lone female traveller he asked where I felt comfortable being sat and gave me options of being within the main bar area or out if the way. The service was brilliant and the food exceeded my expectations. The ox cheeks are highly recommended. The accommodation (room 6) was gorgeous. The bed was incredibly comfy, the room was very quiet and after a nice soak in the huge bath I slept like a log. The next morning I was greeted with a large cafetiere of fresh coffee and chose a cooked breakfast from the good selection from the menu. There was also a good range of cereals, yoghurt and fresh fruit and juices etc on offer. The high standards of service from the night before were continued in the morning and the breakfast was delicious. Although I was in the area for work, I would definitely come back and stay for a short break with my other half.... And next time I am in the area will definitely consider this place again. Absolutely highly recommended - thank you so much for looking after me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cleverly styled mix of restful shades, contemporary furnishings and quirky original features, our suite's decadent bathroom even allows you to watch a movie while you soak! With emphasis on boutique detail and maximum comfort, cafetieres with our own house blend of coffee and locally produced organic toiletries are indulgent finishing touches. For those quiet nights in each room comes equipped with flat screen Freeview TV and CD players. Some rooms also contain DVD players and a small selection of complimentary DVDs is available. Exclusive booking of Cowdray Barns can be arranged for corporate use, wedding parties or artistic retreats. Please contact us for further details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Halfway Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halfway Bridge Hotel Petworth
- The Halfway Bridge Petworth, West Sussex