I stayed at the Halfway Bridge following a search on TA. I'm so glad I booked here. Great location, on the road network, but still set in picturesque countryside.
I had a warm welcome and was shown over to my room, given a tour of the facilities like heating etc etc. very attentive.
I dined early, but have to say the team were lovely, even if I did get to hear all about the uni courses! The food was good, well cooked and presented, with a nice choice. The beer was excellent, and obviously the Halfway Bridge takes pride in its beers, with a great recommendation following a barrel running out.
Breakfast was excellent, nice tea, great produce and friendly service.
My room was well presented, a fantastic size compared to the usual corporate shoe boxes, and I have to say I had one of the best nights sleep for a long time, on a par with my recent trip to the excellent St Moritz in Cornwall.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Halfway Bridge, and am hoping to go back with my other half. Well done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cleverly styled mix of restful shades, contemporary furnishings and quirky original features, our suite’s decadent bathroom even allows you to watch a movie while you soak through its sliding glass partition! With an emphasis on boutique detail and maximum comfort, tea & coffee making facilities with fresh milk replenished daily and locally produced organic toiletries are indulgent finishing touches. For those quiet nights in each room comes equipped with flat screen TV and DVD and CD players. A selection of complimentary DVDs are also available. Exclusive booking of Cowdray Barns can be arranged for corporate use, wedding parties or artistic retreats. Please contact us for further details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Halfway Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halfway Bridge Hotel Petworth
- The Halfway Bridge Petworth, West Sussex