All reviews petworth house the pub small car park sunken bath low beams antique shops visited today pretty place big bathroom midweek lunch roast beef paved garden rooms are lovely special thanks good size wedding party beds were very comfortable
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a pint or two but didn't want to stay for the second. Upon our arrival we turned up to a bar with no staff. Had to wait 10 minutes just to be served 2 drinks. Got talking to the manager Mark I belive his name is, who I must say was a very expressionless grumpy man who didn't want to make any effort to hold a convocation.
I noticed the staff running round serving tables looking very stressed and busy the pub was clearly understaffed as there was no one to attend the bar.
The locals where very friendly though and more welcoming then the staff...especially the manager
Lots of potential for the pub and its setting, beautiful beer garden to. just a shame to see the its being run the way it is.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
AngelInnPetwort, General Manager at The Angel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Stevesmall21,

I am very sorry for the experience you had when you visited The Angel Inn. I do hope you will return in the future to enjoy all that The Angel Inn has to offer.

Should you wish to further discuss your feedback with me please feel free to email, general.manager@angelinnpetworth.co.uk

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived at The Angel Inn on Thursday evening after a visit to Chichester.
The Angel Inn is such a lovely old inn which is dog friendly, which was great for us as we were taking our dog Daisy with us. Everyone was so friendly and really happy to have the dog to stay. The young vibrant staff were all very helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Maureencovill,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your, visit to The Angel Inn. I am very glad that you enjoyed our facilities and I will pass your kind comments on to our team. I do hope to welcome you to The Angel Inn again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

A staff member accidentally spilt a full glass of red wine over my wife's dress. The manager apologised and offered to pay for the cleaning. I told him that just maintained the status quo and asked him reduce the bill for the inconvenience; he did so but only because i requested it. When I returned with the receipt for the cleaning, it was £9.99, one of the bar staff took it away to ask the manager if it was OK to settle it. He said yes and the person handed over the exact amount.
I would have expected the manager to come out of his office and tell me to forget the one pence and give me £10.00. In my opinion the experience lacked professionalism
when dealing with a problem , especially the nitpicking over one penny.
The meal was acceptable but nothing special and I would hesitate to return because, after a recent change of ownership, the general ambiance has taken a downturn

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear 308gtb,

I can only apologise to you for the experience you had when you visited The Angel Inn and the subsequent manner in which it was handled.

I do hope that you would return to The Angel Inn again so that you can have a positive experience and should you wish to further discuss your feedback with me please feel free to contact me, my email is general.manager@angelinnpetworth.co.uk

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Booked all rooms for the weekend of our son's wedding nearby. All the rooms are lovely, clean and spacious with comfortable beds and great bathrooms. Booking in time of 1pm is very helpful. All the staff are really helpful and very friendly. Breakfast is great and good sized portions. Special thanks to Jane for looking after our young grandson at breakfast. Would highly recommend

Room Tip: Scotts Pine is amazing but all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Helena S,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us here at The Angel Inn. I am very glad that you enjoyed your experience here and I will be passing your praise on to Jane who will be delighted to hear it!

I hope that you will come to see us again in the future and I look forward to welcoming you to The Angel Inn.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My daughters and I visited Petworth on a fairly blustery day and was in need of lunch. We didn’t even think we should’ve booked, however a very nice gentleman was able to fit us in, which was much appreciated.
There was a lovely, relaxed atmosphere, the food was superb and all of the staff were excellent, polite and professional.
I highly recommend this lovely pub.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela T

Dear Angela T,

Many thanks for your review of The Angel Inn. I am very glad that you enjoyed your visit and I will pass your compliments on to our team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.