“Diamond in the Rough!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Harrison
Round Lake, Illinois
“Diamond in the Rough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

This Holiday Inn Express leaves no detail unattended. The staff, especially Amy, is A+! They give great recommendations on everything from shopping to eating to sightseeing. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Don't forget the yummy breakfast too. If you are in the area, stay here!

Room Tip: Overlook the parking lot, floor 2 and above!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank EllenBug55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We booked 40+ rooms for our wedding and were told we would have use of the Great Room for an after get together. At 1am, 30 min after I and my bride arrived, we were told we had to leave, going back on our agreement. I spOke with the manager who told me that we were right to never have anyOne staying here tonight ever stay at a Holiday Inn again. He was a complete --- to us and you should NEVER stay here. This is the worst customer service I have ever received and it ruined our wedding night. Thanks manager for refusing to work with us at all, you were a fantastic representative of Holiday Inns nationwide. I will never stay with you again nor any of my 40+ rooms.

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank 97xrocks

Travellers are raving about these Harrison hotels

Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

Clean andcomfortable. No on-site restaurant but plenty of choices nearby, and free breakfast included. Rooms are well-equipped and staff is friendly. Not much more you can ask for in this price range and location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Fort Myers, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

My sister, parents and I stayed three nights this past week. My aunt lives in Harrison so this hotel's location is great for us. We have stayed at this hotel several times before. The staff at the front desk and at breakfast are always very welcoming and friendly. The hotel looks newley remodeled and the rooms have a refrigerator, which I like. My only complaint is the rooms were dusty, and my sister's bedcover had a stain top of it. The second night about 11pm my sister went to get into bed she pulled back the covers to check the bed and there were chocolate crumbs in the bed. My sister and I had not eaten any chocolate. So we called the front desk and a woman from the front desk brought new bedlinen and my sister and the woman changed the bedlinen. The woman also made the comment that the housekeeper should have thrown out the bedcover that had a stain on it. This is not the only time I have been dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms. On previous stays I felt the rooms were dusty and one time I checked the airfilter and it was filthy. That time we asked to change rooms and were upgraded to a suite without being charged. The staff does try to correct any problems, I just wish they would clean the rooms better.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at 10906 New Haven Road in Harrison, Ohio on a recent Sunday night. The hotel was definitely not fully-booked and we opted for a third floor room (there is an elevator). It was very quiet.

The work-out room was chilly, the pool small but USA Today newspapers were complimentary and abundant. Our room had a counter-top height refrigerator and a microwave in the TV armoire. The shower curtain was curved, the shower head fabulous. The coffeemaker was on the countertop inside the bathroom. there were plenty of sumptuous towels and the bedlinens were cottony soft.

Our room looked onto the back of the White Castle hamburger shop drive-up window.

The breakfast was filling. Milk (skim or 2%) was served in pitchers (unlike other HIEs where milk came in small cartons).

The only problem we had was a clogged toilet and it was attended to nearly instantly. The woman who arrivedto plunge the plumbing was serving in the breakfast room in the morning. Hum.

We chose this location because it was "close" (a 40-minute, scenic but curvy and hilly drive) to Miami University of Ohio. All the other (few) hotels/motels in Oxford, Ohio were booked.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Lansing Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2006

Stopped here for the night on a trip South. Nice hotel, they have a small pool which we all enjoyed after we arrived. Room was comfortable, although we had problems with Internet Service. Several stores and gas stations nearby.
Overall very pleased with out stay

• Liked — Had a pool
  • Disliked — Problems getting Internet connection
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison
BEST WESTERN PLUS Whitewater Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Harrison? Share your experiences!