“Great Place!!!!”

Green Acres Canoe and Kayak Rental
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Harrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Acres Canoe & Kayak Rental is on the pristine section of the Whitewater River which travels through the state of Ohio. Located just 10 minutes from Cincinnati, Kentucky and Indiana within the I-275 loop. Also available are raft and tube rentals, miniature golf and picnic area with shelters.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a great stretch of river to paddle. There are several bald eagles to see along the trip, along with other beautiful scenery along the way.

The Green Acres Staff is very friendly and helpful. They seem to really care about their customers.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I have a love/hate relationship with Green Acres. My husband and I have been canoeing/kayaking here for several years. The family (I know of the husband, wife, and son) that own the place are awesome -genuinely friendly and attentive. The place was recently renovated and it looks great. You can tell the crowds are increasing from last year which takes away from the naturists' experiences (a lot of young/early 20s that like to party on the river, loud parties that scare away wildlife but if you go early on a weekday-its quieter.) The prices are reasonable (however, they did increase the prices this year. They offer a season pass like option but unless you go ALOT- it's not worth it.) The grounds are clean, there are nice bathrooms, food is available, and picnic areas are available. Now for the not so good. The other employees are not as pleasant. People at the front counter are okay but the bus driver and employees at the end of your trip are unfriendly and unhelpful. The bus drivers in past years would make friendly conversation, give wildlife and river updates, and always help you get your canoe or kayak in the water. Not anymore. Now, this bus driver gives a 20 second safety talk that includes covering your feet and where to get off the river at the end of your trip and that's it. That's where the customer relations stop. He's silent the whole way to the drop off point and he never helps us carry our canoe or kayak into the water. I have a leg brace and he just watches us struggle to get in the water everytime. We have been four times recently and it's the same experience with him every time. At the end of the trip, there are younger employees (teenagers, early twenties) that in the past helped with the canoes/kayaks, ask about your trip, tell you to come back, etc. Not anymore. The last four times we went, these employees ignored us, we're completely silent to us, didn't help with the boats, the lifejackets, the oars, nothing. They even seemed annoyed it took so long for us to gather our belongings!!! If you want us to move faster - help us out! Customer service could be greatly improved from the time you get on the bus to the time you get out of your kayak. Some simple friendly conversation, some help from employees that are literally just standing there staring at me struggling and/or some kind, smiles go a LONG WAY. I'm going to continue going to Greenacres because i enjoy the actual river so much but I will not be recommending them to friends or family until the customer service gets back to what it used to be.

5  Thank 578AmandaZ
KayakMom45030, Owner at Green Acres Canoe and Kayak Rental, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

First we'd like to thank you for the compliments! We do the best that we can. I would like to know if you have asked for assistance? Our staff has been trained to give our customers their "space" and to only assist them upon request. They can not automatically have contact with customers due to liability reasons. Please ask for assistance next time that you feel the need and if you don't receive it please let us know so we can address the issue. Thanks, Sharon. :)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Now that our children are older it can be hard to find something to do that everyone enjoys. Our kids are 32-16 years of age. We tried this for my 31 years old twins' birthday. My husband and I got a canoe along with one son and a friend. Three of the kids with friends' and spouse got double kayaks. We had one odd person who still had a great time in a single kayak. We did the 8 mile trip. The water was moving pretty good so really not much paddling was involved. There are places to pull over along the way. There is a rope to swing off and a cliff to jump off. Its a very popular area but plenty of room for everyone. Alcohol is allowed and you will probably run into a few who have had too much but it is very relaxing. We plan to go again for another sons' birthday in July. Its twenty dollars per person. They also have a three mile trip. One of double kayakers changed to single kayaks at the three mile mark. We got on the river around 11:30 and didn't leave until 5:30. We all cant wait to go back.

1  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Traveling in the area and went to the river. You park on a farm and a bus takes you to the location. The price is the same for all boats chosen. You pick from 3 miles or 8 miles. 8 miles took us 3 hours in a canoe and we didn't make any stops like many do on the banks. Most people brought coolers with beers which was not an issue. A great day to get outside and float down the river with family.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The staff was so nice and Dave the owner was terrific! I would recommend this place because the prices are reasonable and the kayaking is a blast I will bring my kids back many more times thanks for the great time

1  Thank Jackie H