“Sunday dinner”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We went early evening and so the restaurant was quite empty it was a very cosy atmosphere. The staff were friendly and attentive.
The starters we shared were a prawn purée, which we were given the choice of having it mild or medium, which is what we chose. The prawns were succulent and tender and the sauce was very tasty. We also shared a onion bhajee, which was beautifully light.
For our main course we had a lamb pasanda, a chicken dish, which I cannot remember the name of (apologies) and a side dish of aloo gobi and a naan bread. The lamb was tender enough and the pasanda sauce just right. The chicken dish was fine but not as good as the pasanda, whilst the aloo gobo was very good. Finally the naan was excellent.
The evening was a very please ant one and we will definitely go again.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We have often passed this restaurant on the way to Storrington and, this time, decided to stop on 8/2/2014.
The restaurant was very clean and I loved having real napkins, even though it was lunchtime. I had the lamb kebab followed by the seabass dish. Both were good. My husband's King Prawn Jalfrezi was outstanding. I would rate the food as slightly on the expensive side but it was very good. We had a nice bottle of Chablis too and the bill came to around £100.
We will be back next time we are in the area. Thank you!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My family and I went to So India last Friday for a meal for my birthday. My parents who are both in their late 70s (my mother being partially disabled) arrived there before us. When they arrived they were told that the table was not ready. Instead of being offered a seat they were just left standing at the reception desk for several minutes whilst the table was prepared.

Once we were all seated we quickly ordered and the poppadums were brought out soon after. However, we then had to wait approximately another hour for our main courses. Only two of our main courses were brought out plus a few side dishes and rice. Unfortunately both of the mains were cold – the tikka masala was starting to congeal. We asked for them to be taken back to be reheated. We had to wait a further 10 minutes before any other food was brought out. There were no hot plates for the food, so of course, the sides and rice had all gone cold. This probably made no difference as none of the food was hot anyway! When we pointed this out to the Manager he became very argumentative saying that the food came straight from the hot plate and therefore could not be cold! No apology was offered, and he did not suggest taking the food back to be reheated. The flavours of the food were fairly good but unfortunately the evening was spoilt by cold food, poor service and rude staff!

2  Thank Runninggirl41
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Spent New Year's Eve here with some friends, food wasn't as good as previous year but ok, good dj and atmosphere.

1  Thank terri s
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We were visiting sussex and went to the so india for an evening meal when we arrived we were greeted by the owner and seated to our table we ordered within 10 minutes the food arrived 10 minutes later nice and hot flavours were fantastic i have eaten from a lot of curry houses in the last 40 years but this was in my top 3 i could not fault anything and thought the price very reasonable and good value for money will return again if in the area