“Very friendly”
Review of The Labouring Man

The Labouring Man
Ranked #4 of 8 Pulborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed one night here on 3rd of august 2014 as at a wedding very friendly staff nice rooms and the breakfast lovely we had a very big choice of what we wanted from cereals to full English even fresh salmon my twin boys were looked after would definitely recommend to friends and family

Room Tip: We had a family room was great as my two boys had there own room connected to ours with a door and t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Everything a village Inn is all about. Great food with a good selection of ales.
Friendly staff and landlord.
A real village community at the heart of the pub.
My stay was for 2 nights in room number 2 The Prince. A large room with a very comfortable double bed.
The shower room was also of a good size.
The room was very clean and tidy with T.V and kettle.
Breakfast was a full English with fruit juice and cerials.
The best breakfast I've tasted in a long while with what I call proper bacon. None of this super market rubbish.
The evening meal in the pub was just as good. Again with fresh local ingrediants.
Keep up the good work everyone. You made my stay a very welcoming one.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Didn't stay but went for a meal here with family who live in the area. Staff were welcoming and efficient. Four of us are veggies and the chef took the trouble to discuss the food options. Food was excellent amongst the best pub food we've had for some time. They also serve well kept ale. Would most certainly recomend

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for one night when we attended a friend's wedding. It was just what we wanted and expected. Located in a beautiful quiet village. The service was very friendly and we were made to feel right at home. The bed was incredibly comfy and the room had all you'd need - tea & coffee, TV, great shower. And the breakfast was great, just what we needed the morning after a wedding!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel J
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Would suggest post or stones to stop anyone parking right outside of Prince Room. TV "clicking and freezing", only wanted to watch the news!! Hot water scalding as soon as turned on, rather dangerous. Travel kettle - just about filled one cup. Box of tissues would be a nice touch too.

Good side, nice comfy bed, very clean. Nice staff and good breakfast. Lovely location.

Room Tip: Prince Room good on ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have not stayed the night here but took the family for a meal. The staff were very welcoming and there was a roaring fire. Very cosy. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it. My daughter is a vegan and when the chef was told this he came out to see her and discussed the options with her, then turned out a beautifully cooked and presented special meal for her in no time at all. This is the first time a pub chef has taken the trouble to turn out a special vegan meal for her and we were very impressed. The service was really good and the atmosphere was very friendly with no canned music!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Penny R
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed at The Labouring Man for 1 night. Possibly the comfiest bed I have EVER slept in. Did not want to get out of it! It is unfortunate that I stayed on a Monday evening when they do not serve evening meals but a member of staff recommended a pub nearby, giving me accurate directions and it was excellent. I went for a drink in the bar when I returned and I could not have been made more welcome by both staff and the locals who got me out of the corner I had retreated to and got me involved with their chatter. Absolutely wonderful.
If the breakfast the next morning is anything to go by then the evening meals must be fantastic. The breakfast literally kept me going all day. T
My thanks to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank carolisasinger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pulborough
Chequers Hotel
Abingworth Hall
Abingworth Hall
#2 of 8 in Pulborough
Chichester College Brinsbury Campus

Been to The Labouring Man? Share your experiences!