“One of the best pubs i have ever been in”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tillington
The Horse Guards Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Tillington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed in the Cottage at the Horse Guards for one night last week,and had evening dinner there.The whole experience was first class,it is a pub you would recommend without any hesitation.The accommodation was superb as was the food.The beer garden is excellent with chickens running around,and the pub is quirky and very interesting.The food is pricey,but brilliant,you will find it hard to beat this place,we hope to return asap.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Recommended by a friend, we met up as 3 couples on a busy Saturday night. Booking is essential as the whole restaurant was full! Always a good sign! I loved the whole experience! The ambience as you walk in, the friendly staff, the eclectic mix of wall and window decoration and of course the menu! I love the way everything is listed as where it was sourced too! A really nice touch. The menu was exciting and I really wanted to try most of it! I cannot remember the last time I sat down to eat and felt so enthused about what I was going to have! This is all down to the clever description and imaginative dishes! Everything we had as a group of 6 was spot on for taste, presentation, amount etc. It is pricey but in this world you get what you pay for and these are not cheap ingredients and there is real skill in this kitchen! My favourite thing last night? Possibly the parfait which was such a fabulous combination of flavours and just melted in the mouth. But it was all totally delicious and I urge you to give it a try! It's now my new favourite restaurant in the area!

Room Tip: Parking is on the roadside but it is a very quiet road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Comfortable pub atmosphere with country charm . Clever delivery of local seasonal foods and great quality. There is always something on the menu that appeals to our family gatherings . A favourite with the young and old. The crispy Alexander is a novel treat ! For the less adventurous Sussex
ribeye steak is a real winner . The wines are moderately priced. Hard to find a better combination of quality and value in the area.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Charles S
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Horse Gurads had been recommended to us and when we had lunch there today,it exceeded our expectations ! The food was delicious,nicely presented and the stafff were very helpful and polite.We will definately be going back and know the table that we want to book !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Have just had an excellent Sunday lunch at The Horse Guards Inn, Tillington. Roast lamb succulent & tender served & presented attractively with tasty vegetables. The spinach & asparagus soup starter was equally enjoyable. The pub is divided into various areas & rooms - quirky & interesting. Young staff were attentive & helpful. Although busy we were not hurried for a next sitting. Interesting garden area too on a better day. Literally just off the A272 road about 5mins from Petworth.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We met friends who had eaten here previously. The building is delightful and the staff friendly. Although the prices are quite high the food makes it worthwhile. I had the pheasant breast which was delicious and tender. By chance I had the same main course two days later at a local golf club and there was no comparison. Not only was the meat beautifully tender, well cooked in a tasty source but the quantity was very generous. I love puddings and was disappointed to have no appetite as the main course was so filling. The rest of our party all had burgers which they declared excellent. The only negative is the lack of parking which might be more of an issue at night. We will certainly return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank zenia10
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband surprised me with a night away at the horse guards inn for my birthday.Arrived late afternoon having spent a day in Chichester.Our room the twin bedded one,was flooded with light.Room for clothes , a great bathroom and two comfy beds.We had coffee In the garden to catch the last of the April rays and both enjoyed the sound of silence.We both had venison for main course and I had a chocolate concoction for pud, plate decorated with happy birthday.
Good nights sleep, coffee in room for the morning.Breakfast very good ,full English for me , porridge for my husband.A lovely stay in a lovely part of the country side.What made our stay exceptional, the staff and the wonderful decorations in the pub for Easter.

Room Tip: Go for the double
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrightonSuzy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillington
Crouchers Hotel
1 mi away
The Angel Inn
The Angel Inn
#3 of 17 in Petworth

Been to The Horse Guards Inn? Share your experiences!