“Just sublime”
Review of The Beach House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Wittering
The Beach House
“Just sublime”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We visited the Beach House for Easter Sunday dinner, overnight and breakfast. It was just outstanding! The food, ambience, staff, comfort areas, rooms and the entire experience was amazing! We needed a relaxing, healthy and restful evening and this was the place to be.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lou M
beachhse, Owner at The Beach House, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for such a glowing review. I hope you get the chance to visit West Wittering and us again soon.

Pam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We ate here on Easter Saturday . Really really good food, super welcome fom the friendly and professional staff and all in really smart , contemporaryband comfortable New England Beach Style surroundings . We came a coupe of years go and whilst the food was good we found it extremely unwelcoming and uncomfortable . Can't tell you how delighted we were to find that this place has changed so hugely as we come to this area so often so often ( and a lovely local couple on the next table told us there was a new owner so that might explain it !)

We tried the local pub ' Old house at home " again as well and this sadly hasn't changed and would give it a miss as as disappointing as ever . Tired , not too clean looking and unappetising food .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
beachhse, Owner at The Beach House, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we hope to see you again soon.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A fab little hotel - we were made to feel so welcome - clean, great food - the sirloin steak and triple cooked chips are fantastic - and a chef who can cook it to your requirement - at last! Our dog was made to feel really welcome - we stayed in one of the two dog rooms - and was supplied with bowls, biscuits and even his own towel - he was allowed in the lounge enabling us to eat inside and the full English breaksfast was great with locally made sausages- nothing was too much trouble - everyone is so friendly- and there is access to lots of cold water, fridge and microwave in the lounge which you have 24 hour access to - we are going to go there again for sure - wonderful - I wish all b&bs were like this one

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie188
beachhse, Owner at The Beach House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you all again soon.

Olney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I needed a quiet solo break after an illness and found the Beach House online. I stayed 6 nights B&B. I had lunch there on one of the days and dinner on one evening (it wasn't open every night because it was off-season).

I had a really lovely, comfortable time. It's delightfully furnished - not only comfortable and pretty but also thoughtful - e.g. with extra blankets and cushions. The bed was very comfy. I had a little twin room and separate shower room on the top floor - a little eyrie retreat and very private.

The shower room is a little bit bijou but fine.

The food is delicious - a very nice breakfast and a good choice of options of which I tried several including the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, the full English (very good local bacon and sausages) and the Greek yoghurt and fruit.

The two main meals I had were lunch (whitebait and chicken/avocado salad - not particularly amazing but tasty and good quality) and dinner which was fab. I had hake with spinach - it was billed as coming with tomato relish but I don't eat tomatoes so the chef made me (without being asked) a different sauce. I also had the best onion rings I've ever tasted - and I've eaten a few (see pic). Then passion fruit mousse with spiced pineapple which was absolutely gorgeous and as good as any dessert of its kind I've ever had.

But perhaps the best aspect of this place was the friendly, helpful and sympathetic staff. They were kind and helpful (without ever being over-friendly), and obviously well-trained. I really recommend this place.

The only slight downside was that it was much further from the beach than I had realised - it really is 15-20 minutes' walk before you even see the sea, which I couldn't manage. The staff helped me by organising a bike and that was fine as the land is as flat as a pancake so I had many lovely rides to and from the sandy beach. I would recommend this for bicycling - it's pretty safe.

The bus stop is right outside the house and you can toodle off to East Wittering, which is charmingly sea-sidey but has a mainly shingle beach, and several nice places to eat or have coffee as well as small supermarkets and local shops. In the other direction is the amazing little city of Chichester. (I didn't go there this time but I know it well and there are lots of interesting places to go in and around the city. The cathedral is one of those 'best-kept-secret' places and there is great theatre during the spring and summer at the Festival Theatre.)

Also the Beach House has two dog-friendly rooms with their own entrances, but I gather they don't take dogs in July and August.

Room Tip: Ask the staff about the rooms - they are very happy to explain what they are like. I noticed a few c...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CatherineR779
beachhse, Owner at The Beach House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we do appreciate your feedback. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we would forward to welcoming you back soon.

Catskill, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Coming over from the USA, my sons and I stayed here in August 2013, and I visited it again March 2014. It is pristine, with stylish decor, comfy beds with sumptuous, crisp white duvets, a delightful lounge for guest use with top-notch magazines, a refrigerator, and warm blankets to throw over your knees if you feel so inclined, and a fabulous restaurant with a menu based around natural and locally sourced foods. I loved the decaf cappuccino (steaming hot milk with a good coffee flavor). The menu was exquisite. I recall the sundae-like granola, fruit and yogurt for breakfast, a delicate salad of goat cheese mousse with a variety of different colored beets and green leaves for an appetizer, and the ribs were so plentiful and delicious! My sons (10 and 13) loved the juicy burgers and fries, and, in fact, loved everything else that they ate from the menu! They also played soccer in the park 2 mins walk away, and from the store opposite bought English candy! They also bought crab fishing lines and went catching crabs at a location shared by the owners. They also bought wet suits and skim boards and played on the lovely beach! We shopped in Chichester, a short drive away. In my last visit, a few days ago, I also went to have my hair done at the Spa next door, which was a great success, and came back to a delicious meal. I loved the spring flowers in the planters outside. All staff were smiley and so welcoming! I want to go back again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue E
beachhse, Owner at The Beach House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Its was pleasure to have you all stay with us and I hope that on your next trip to the UK you will come and stay with us again.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Beach house hotel over the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel! The rooms were nicely decorated, very clean and the service was extremely friendly!Breakfast was Amazing. Would definitely recommend10/10
Will C

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
beachhse, Owner at The Beach House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks for the review, we hope you come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stumbled across the beach house after taking the dog for a walk along the beach one night. We were so impressed the owners are absolutely lovely, making us feel so welcome and the staff being an asset to the business. Not forgetting the food we had, we did not want to leave it was amazing the ribs were the best we had eaten. We even went back for breakfast the following day which was great too! We felt like we had been on a holiday and were treated so well by everyone it is our new favourite restaurant and cannot recommend it enough to everyone. It's a real must visit place and the owners have done such a brilliant job! We will be back very soon to enjoy it more! Thank you. Thomas, Sophie and Bella!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sthomson24
beachhse, Owner at The Beach House, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we do appreciate it. I am very happy that you have 'discovered' us and we hope to see you all (including Bella) again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Wittering
Chichester Park Hotel
#7 of 8 in Chichester
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Travelodge Chichester Central

Been to The Beach House? Share your experiences!