Swiss Family Robinson meets the Mexican Riviera! How cool is that? If you want something unique, and enjoy the hospitality of an on-premises owner and a ready and willing staff (who even went out for a drink with us one night) this is it! But that's Yelapa for you - it's small town Mexico all the way. We chatted with almost everyone we met along the seaside trail from the hotel in town, you couldn't help but be friendly , and that's a nice change of pace from the usual hotel. The wife's birthday was on the day we arrived and as promised, a delicious birthcake was waiting for us at the restaurant that the Casa Pericos concierge, Carolyn, reccommended. The best food and margaritas in town were at Tacos y Mas, but the bananna bread at Brisas was homemade and the lemonade was sweet and tart - just the thing to cut your thirst after a long walk to the waterfalls, which were also fantastic - we swam right up under the falls and enjoyed the incredible views along the way. In all respects,our two teenagers and the whole family loved this place which by itself is an accomplishment and such a great change of pace from the usual resort or hotel with a pool. Bring a flashlight and backpacks with your stuff is the best way to get from the water taxi to the hotel. The owner, Blair, couldn't have been more gracious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Pericos, located on "The Point" in Yelapa only a few palapas down from Isabel's Beach, is the newest and most finely appointed Guest House/Vacation Rental in Yelapa. Casa Pericos, which translates as "House of the Parrots", are three romantic Indonesian-inspired loft suites rising within a beautiful jungle canopy filled with parrots and butterflies directly on the ocean. All three romantic Indonesian-inspired loft suites of Casa Pericos sleep up to 14 when rented together, but may be easily closed off to be two or three very spacious lofts, all with private baths and separate kitchens to accommodate our guest's needs.With breathtaking ocean and jungle views, calm warm ocean breezes, and waters teaming sea life literally at your front door, you will immediately understand why people are instantly lured to jump into the water before they even unpack. Once settled in, take a soak in our Zen Soaking tub with expansive jungle and ocean views, or shower in our private outdoor shower pavilion, before enjoying a margarita on your balcony overlooking Banderas Bay. We are located in the quietest area of Yelapa on The Point, yet Casa Pericos is only a five minute walk to the village restaurants and two locals dance clubs, or 20 minutes walking to the main beach or nearest waterfall. Begin your journey with us below as we explore each of our three Indonesian-inspired loft suites at Casa Pericos and the eco-barefoot experience Yelapa offers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa Pericos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Pericos Hotel Yelapa
- Casa Pericos Mexico/Yelapa