My husband and I spent the first 3 days of our honeymoon in Puerta Vallarta and the last 3 days in Yelapa at Casa Pericos and we are sure glad that we ended our honeymoon at this romantic, unique spot. We were drawn to Yelapa because it's remote, village charm and it was a boat ride away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I then was sold on Casa Pericos because of the outstanding customer service while asking questions prior to booking the room. Shane (one of the owners) called to answer all our questions after I filled out an email questionnaire. He put me in touch with the concierge, Carolyn, and she quickly emailed me to see if we wanted to have the fridge stocked and gave us a complete list of everything we needed to know about traveling from the States to Yelapa.
Once we arrived, Reeana the other concierge met us at the water taxi and helped us get settled in to our room. She helped us navigate the village of Yelapa, and set up a mule trip to see the waterfalls up the river. She even special ordered Mexican Wedding Cookies and cinnamon rolls from the local bakery.
The room was amazing and had a great view of the ocean! We kayaked, hiked to the town waterfall, ate at Domingo's on the beach and had dinner at Passionflower Gardens with some local folks.
Casa Pericos was the most unique and special place I have ever stayed. It was the perfect mix of adventure and charm that we wanted for our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Pericos, located on "The Point" in Yelapa only a few palapas down from Isabel's Beach, is the newest and most finely appointed Guest House/Vacation Rental in Yelapa. Casa Pericos, which translates as "House of the Parrots", are three romantic Indonesian-inspired loft suites rising within a beautiful jungle canopy filled with parrots and butterflies directly on the ocean. All three romantic Indonesian-inspired loft suites of Casa Pericos sleep up to 14 when rented together, but may be easily closed off to be two or three very spacious lofts, all with private baths and separate kitchens to accommodate our guest's needs.With breathtaking ocean and jungle views, calm warm ocean breezes, and waters teaming sea life literally at your front door, you will immediately understand why people are instantly lured to jump into the water before they even unpack. Once settled in, take a soak in our Zen Soaking tub with expansive jungle and ocean views, or shower in our private outdoor shower pavilion, before enjoying a margarita on your balcony overlooking Banderas Bay. We are located in the quietest area of Yelapa on The Point, yet Casa Pericos is only a five minute walk to the village restaurants and two locals dance clubs, or 20 minutes walking to the main beach or nearest waterfall. Begin your journey with us below as we explore each of our three Indonesian-inspired loft suites at Casa Pericos and the eco-barefoot experience Yelapa offers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Casa Pericos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Pericos Hotel Yelapa
- Casa Pericos Mexico/Yelapa