“Honeymoon at Casa Pericos”
Review of Casa Pericos

Casa Pericos
Ranked #2 of 6 Yelapa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
“Honeymoon at Casa Pericos”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I spent the first 3 days of our honeymoon in Puerta Vallarta and the last 3 days in Yelapa at Casa Pericos and we are sure glad that we ended our honeymoon at this romantic, unique spot. We were drawn to Yelapa because it's remote, village charm and it was a boat ride away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I then was sold on Casa Pericos because of the outstanding customer service while asking questions prior to booking the room. Shane (one of the owners) called to answer all our questions after I filled out an email questionnaire. He put me in touch with the concierge, Carolyn, and she quickly emailed me to see if we wanted to have the fridge stocked and gave us a complete list of everything we needed to know about traveling from the States to Yelapa.

Once we arrived, Reeana the other concierge met us at the water taxi and helped us get settled in to our room. She helped us navigate the village of Yelapa, and set up a mule trip to see the waterfalls up the river. She even special ordered Mexican Wedding Cookies and cinnamon rolls from the local bakery.

The room was amazing and had a great view of the ocean! We kayaked, hiked to the town waterfall, ate at Domingo's on the beach and had dinner at Passionflower Gardens with some local folks.

Casa Pericos was the most unique and special place I have ever stayed. It was the perfect mix of adventure and charm that we wanted for our honeymoon.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lowest level room Cielo Tranquilo and it was wonderful. I was worried that since it...
2 Thank Tori T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We just returned from a wonderful and relaxing stay at Casa Pericos and loved every minute of it. It is definitely a unique and special place and I can’t recommend it enough for anyone planning a visit to Yelapa. The pictures don’t do it justice. We stayed in the Penthouse but saw the other units and they were equally as nice but just not as large. We also appreciated having access to Reanna/Carolyn as local experts and concierge. Location is perfect, being outside of and away from the noise of the pueblo and perfectly sited for views, but not such an uphill hike as to make it difficult to get to town or main beach when needed. I’m not sure how trip advisor calculates that it is 5+km from “town”, but it is definitely not. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are lucky enough to make the trip.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fix t
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Well, to start, we are 5 star resort people. We were invited to tag along with two of the nicest people we have come to know. We, on our own would never travel to stay at a place such as Casa Pericos. With that said, we have NO regrets. The trip was wonderful and we would recommend it to everyone that wants to have a relaxing, adventurous trip. The casa it self is a gem in the middle of a community of yesterday. With no roads, and only foot paths , walk ways or boats, your travels are full of adventure. I give the casa a 5 star. We had everything we needed and more. Reeanne was willing and ready to fill any of our extra desires, such as fresh fish delivered and arranging tours and such for us. Delma and Conejo kept our casa clean and well stocked. They were only a call away if we needed anything else. Shane, the owner, was such a welcoming person. He happened to be at the casa and came down to the beach to meet us and welcome each of us personally.
Tips while staying. We are there September 21 to 27. Our friends are still there.It is very humid, so dress light. Cotton is the best. My husband said the shirts he wears in Cancun are too hot and heavy to wear in Yelapa. Ladies, just go down to the beach, in Yelapa, and buy a cotton dress, you'll be glad you did. Take a water bottle with you, they provide fresh RO water. We found water shoes and sandal's to be all we needed for foot wear. Get to know the people, they are very welcoming. If you go in the rainy season, in Mexico, snorkelling will not be what you expect. The water will have run off in it from the mountains and it will be cloudy. Yet the water is warm and at times during the day it does clear up and swimming is welcoming. So be open minded and embrace the culture and have to remember for a life time.

Room Tip: The four of us stayed in the, romantica suite. A perfect suite for four people.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lukescafoldwalker
Woodinville, Washington, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Casa Pericos is a special place for us. The first time I went I didn't know what to expect...because it was my 40th birthday surprise destination. When I arrived in Yelapa, leaving behind to uber touristic Puerto Vallarta 45 minutes by small boat behind me, I knew I was going to like it.
After coming back for the third time in a row, we are already making plans to come a 4th time.
Casa Pericos is perfect for couples, friends, and even family. It offers the best, at a reasonable price what Yelapa has to offer. Being off the beaten path, it can be very hard for Casas in such a remote place to sustain the long raining season, the harsh jungle and the ocean air hammering the openness of the house. But the owners of Casa Pericos are paying attention to every little details you can imagine. I am a perfectionist, and I can assure everyone reading this review that everything is perfect, thoughtfully placed, arranged, decorated with luxury in mind for the up most comfort.
The care takers of the Casa are fantastic. The owners hire local staff to keep the local community prosperous, and themselves are probably the sweetest and most wonderful people in the village.
Casa Pericos is a no brainier. You will get so much more then what you can imagine.

Fall asleep with the sound of the waves, wake up with amazing sunsets without having to get out of bed or to the sound of local parrots.

They also offer concierge service proposing to stock your fridge with local foods, specialties made by villagers (which are so amazing!), tequila, lemons waiting in your fully equipped kitchen.
Concierge Carolyn and Reeana also suggests arranging different activities, including yoga, fishing with great locals to more magical places in the surroundings.

Walking into Casa Pericos's grounds, is like entering a garden of Eden. Stepping outside of Casa Pericos into the wilderness, rusticity of Yelapa with its jungle, streams, water falls and paths is a pleasure, especially knowing that you will have comfort, impeccable cleanliness and luxury waiting for you back at Casa Pericos.

Thank you Casa Pericos for allowing us to come back again and again, and for giving us the opportunity to taste a piece of this heaven.

Room Tip: We love Casa Romantica but we also had to privilege to experience a 4 nights stay at the Penthouse w...
1 Thank Thierry D
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We just spent two days in a village of indigenous fisher people in the small village of Yelapa on the Pacific Coast of Mexico. The luxury barefoot hotel Casa Pericos was very comfortable, affordable, and well appointed.

The concierge, Reeana, made sure of our every need and comfort. She made suggestions that were clear and simple. We only had one full day and she made sure we saw the high spots of the village: the village church, the waterfall and the beach.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the top floor-worth every penny for the views and decor.
Portland
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is a very special home. We were fortunate to stay in the Penthouse, which is the top two floors, and was more affordable in off-season. I like off-season here, just a few other tourists around, local life is calm, and the rain for me is as exciting as the sun. The water temperature stays the same - very warm - regardless of the time of year.

Highlights: the home is just so beautiful, completely open, fans for when it gets too warm, not too many bugs as it is on the windy side of the bay, very nice beds. Great colors, artistic. Sort of an incredible feat of construction, blended seamlessly with the hills and rocks, but protected as needed and feels luxurious. Staff is great, including Reeanna the concierge and the housekeeping staff Delma and Conejo who visit daily and are very pleasant. The water is beautiful and the view breathtaking, never got tired of it the whole trip. The house has filtered drinking water and plenty of it, although the bathing water you can't drink.

Things to ponder: this place was more rugged than I imagined. which I loved. But if you have difficulty walking steps or balancing, this place could be hard to navigate. Also the beach is gentle and there are steps to help you in and snorkeling with the rocks is beautiful, but it's not an easy access sandy beach. You can load your own kayaks (included with the house) easly enough and row to any part of town. What you don't have here is shopping, museums, and manicured beach. What you do have is a truly private place tucked in the bay with beautiful clear water and you can see the fish and manta rays from your balcony, and then go watch them through your snorkel and mask. Going food shopping takes a 15 minute walk down a trail and you buy from the local market (tienditas). I can't imagine how this would work with young kids as the balconies are rather shear and open.
*Caveat - if you don't want to do your own grocery shopping and haul it up the stairs which we found fun and a way to meet such friendly people in the community, the concierge and local staff will do it all for you including shopping, river taxi 2 minutes to the Sandy beach and Margaritas. We had some meals cooked and delivered, fresh fish, and you can choose the amount of service you'd like.
Internet works great if you need it. It is a very special house and town and area, seems a well loved experience overall.

1 Thank longtrails
Guanajuato, Mexico
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I dont usually write reviews of Hotels or of my travels but this time I need to tell everyone I know of this amazing Casa.
Fist the website does this place not justice, pictures can not even being to capture the beauty of this place.
I stayed in the Penthouse which at the time I did not realize the sheer size and elegance when I booked with Shane.
My Family and I had the perfect amount of space and privacy when needed. Even for a summer stay the house stayed cool and the insects were minimal due tot the ocean breeze.
We loved all the amenities especially the concierge service. I do recommend if you do come with your family during the summer be prepared for family time as there are no TVs or major distractions.
I highly recommend hiking, snorkeling and relaxing on the huge balconies..
We will be back for more family fun again next year!
Thanks Everyone!
Pablo

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yelapa
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
#2 of 4 in Yelapa
Hotelito Mio
Hotelito Mio
#1 of 1 in Cabo Corrientes
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#14 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
#87 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#3 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Casa Pericos? Share your experiences!