We stayed in Casa Pericos in early June and every aspect of our stay exceeded our expectations. From the beginning the comprehensive information we received from the owners allowed us to navigate thorough the airport, find an ATM and grab a taxi without a problem. At the pier we were well taken care of by the water taxi office who stored our bags while we refreshed ourselves with a cold beer and savored Mexico. By chance we rode the water taxi out to Yelapa with Blair one of the the owners who described the various sights along the way and made sure we were comfortable and that all our needs were met when we arrived. The view of Casa Pericos as we rounded the point was breathtaking and we knew we had arrived in paradise.
The accommodations and service were first rate and the view from the balcony of Casa Tranquilo was stunning, the entire Bay of Banderas lay before us. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen well equipped and we used it to cook breakfast several days. The shower had endless hot water though I mainly used the cold since it was plenty warm. The room has ceiling fans And floor fans to keep you comfortable during the day and while you slept. Fresh towels were always available and the room was cleaned and straightened often. There were no bugs, Mosquitos, scorpions or any other nuisance in the room at any time.
Snorkeling was excellent with turtles, eels, and a myriad of tropical fish to feast your eyes on. Little crabs scuttled across the pathways and rocks as you hiked to and from the village, a short 7 minute walk. Close enough for convenience but far enough for solitude and quiet.
All in all probably the most unique and pleasurable vacation we have had. If you go to Yelapa stay out on the point. If you stay on the point, stay in Casa Pericos. You owe it to yourself.
By the way be sure to eat at Abuelo's while you are there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Pericos, located on "The Point" in Yelapa only a few palapas down from Isabel's Beach, is the newest and most finely appointed Guest House/Vacation Rental in Yelapa. Casa Pericos, which translates as "House of the Parrots", are three romantic Indonesian-inspired loft suites rising within a beautiful jungle canopy filled with parrots and butterflies directly on the ocean. All three romantic Indonesian-inspired loft suites of Casa Pericos sleep up to 14 when rented together, but may be easily closed off to be two or three very spacious lofts, all with private baths and separate kitchens to accommodate our guest's needs.With breathtaking ocean and jungle views, calm warm ocean breezes, and waters teaming sea life literally at your front door, you will immediately understand why people are instantly lured to jump into the water before they even unpack. Once settled in, take a soak in our Zen Soaking tub with expansive jungle and ocean views, or shower in our private outdoor shower pavilion, before enjoying a margarita on your balcony overlooking Banderas Bay. We are located in the quietest area of Yelapa on The Point, yet Casa Pericos is only a five minute walk to the village restaurants and two locals dance clubs, or 20 minutes walking to the main beach or nearest waterfall. Begin your journey with us below as we explore each of our three Indonesian-inspired loft suites at Casa Pericos and the eco-barefoot experience Yelapa offers! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Casa Pericos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Pericos Hotel Yelapa
- Casa Pericos Mexico/Yelapa