Casa pericos is a beautiful place in a wonderful location. We have enjoyed our stay here and had some amazing experiences. We booked 9 nights in the penthouse, and Shane gave us 1 free night. Standard practice to reward long staying guests, we thought. We've been saving a long time for this luxurious experience, and traveled all the way from Australia. Yesterday, on our 2nd last day, a young family checked into the room below with a young toddler in toe, who only knows one volume, SCREAM!! We also woke early this morning to the child's bellows. Feeling it somewhat unacceptable, we complained to Shane who promptly spoke to the parents. The parents apologized, as did Shane. We were happy to leave a day early and asked for 1 nights refund but we're told we already got night free, and if we wanted to leave early, mark it as a wash off. Well in our opinion, last night was a wash off! If we walk away now we lose a night, and have not budgeted an additional one into our itinerary. We're left hoping tonight is a little better. I also Must add the construction noise from next door has been going on every day, bar Sunday.
If this was your honeymoon, would you be happy?
Our advice for others looking to stay here......
1. Ask if small children are staying here during your stay.
2. Ask if thee is any building happening in the area.
3. Stay away from main beach. The hawkers will eat you alive!!!!! Seriously, tourists are identified with a capitol T for Target on their backs.
4. Be prepared to be ripped off by local businesses. They will charge you Tourist prices. We got our laundry done at Isis Laundry. The going price is between 15 & 20 pesos per kilo. We were charged 70 per kilo!
Honestly we so wanted to give Casa Pericos and Yelapa an amazing write up, but we can't.
On the positive, Miguel and Delma are wonderful hosts. We also had an amazing day with Jay on his charter boat. The snorkeling right outside the house is great, and we really loved the red crabs in the garden, and the iguana in the bathroom. We also found ourselves going back to Ray's Restaurant again and again. The food was great and they really looked after us. We will review them too.
We rated this property very good, but our experience here was average.
We are now waiting for the next part of our Mexico adventure to begin.
Should have planned a shorter stop here. 5 days tops.
Will we be back? No...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Pericos, located on "The Point" in Yelapa only a few palapas down from Isabel's Beach, is the newest and most finely appointed Guest House/Vacation Rental in Yelapa. Casa Pericos, which translates as "House of the Parrots", are three romantic Indonesian-inspired loft suites rising within a beautiful jungle canopy filled with parrots and butterflies directly on the ocean. All three romantic Indonesian-inspired loft suites of Casa Pericos sleep up to 14 when rented together, but may be easily closed off to be two or three very spacious lofts, all with private baths and separate kitchens to accommodate our guest's needs.With breathtaking ocean and jungle views, calm warm ocean breezes, and waters teaming sea life literally at your front door, you will immediately understand why people are instantly lured to jump into the water before they even unpack ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Casa Pericos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Pericos Hotel Yelapa
- Casa Pericos Mexico/Yelapa